HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Motosprtman

XL600 new skins

5 posts in this topic

Just oprdered some Kenda Trackmasters for my 1986 XL600 - I have Dunlop 606's on my XR650L so I thought I would try the Trackmasters and see how they feel as compared to the Dunlops.

Just oprdered some Kenda Trackmasters for my 1986 XL600 - I have Dunlop 606's on my XR650L so I thought I would try the Trackmasters and see how they feel as compared to the Dunlops.

I really hated the 606's on the dirt, but they were ok on the street.

I've got a Kenda Trackmaster on my XL600R rear, and a Kenda 776 Enduro on the front. They are great tires and you can't beat the price.

Some of the guys I ride with recommended the 776 Enduro for the front instead of the Trackmaster for the front as it has better staggered knobs and is able to climb out of ruts and deal with greasy mud better.

157_5746.jpg

155_5570.jpg

155_5559.a.jpg

Very very nice bike! when I get my XL600 all reassembled I will take come pic and post, doing some cosmo and maintenance on it since I bought it, new headlight shroud, repainted bars, nos grips, new levers, new throttle cables, new sprockets and chain, new skins, sanded and painted the supertrapp oh and I need to reintall the rear turnsignal with some nos ones I found on flea bay and then touch up the red motor a bit, change the oil and replace the plug and finally................ RIDE it! it runs good, but needed some TLC.