Custom Extended Cables For '03XR650R

Hi Guys, I just placed a set of risers on my 03 XR650R (riding

position is perfect - finally) Now I require longer cables. Can anyone

point me to a good supplier of these cables. I need all four both

throttle, decompression and clutch cable. Any info is appreciated.

Warren

Terry cable, they use to do custom stuff.

Warren

Can you tell us how high your new risers are and the bars you have installed? You must be really up there... :worthy:

I have the ROX 2 inch risers e/w Renthal fatty bars with a RC bend. All my cables are border line and I have done my best to reroute them Still they are just on the edge of being stressed.

I think the bars are wider than stock in addition to the rise. I put renthals (7/8") on mine with no riser and the cables are tight .

Warren

I just put 2" Rox risers on my XRR with Renthal Hi Bends. All I had to do was reroute the cables from in front of the bars to behind the bars. (Looking at it from the riding position on the bike) I still have some length left in the cables.

Sounds like you are puttin on some "ape hangers" ?

Goin chopper on us?

Keeps the armpits dry...

The clutch cable doesn't need to be changed. Trust me OEM is the way to stick with on the clutch. I have a BRP SUB Mount and HX High bend bars, and am running the OEM clutch and decomp cable. Just route them on the back side of the triple clamp.

Now... for throttle cables, definately get extended of those. Otherwise you are asking for issues in the corners. I have a set of 3" longer ones (IIRC) sitting on the shelf if you are interested in em, they were built by Terry Cable two and a half years ago and only ran for a couple months before getting the Eddlebrock.

I just put 2" Rox risers on my XRR with Renthal Hi Bends. All I had to do was reroute the cables from in front of the bars to behind the bars. (Looking at it from the riding position on the bike) I still have some length left in the cables.

I put the GPR Type I under the (fat) bar mount and new top clamp. Bars are Renthal CR Highs. no issues except that I had to rotate the throttle back towards the rear of the bike as those cables seem the shortest. this gave me plenty of slack. The bar ends are almost exactly 4 feet above the floor and I believe a 1/2" wider overall . Cycra Pro Bend hand guards with the clamp mounts also work quite well.

Hi, let me do alittle more testing with cable routing etc. I might be interested in your +3 throttle cables.

Warren

Been searching but nothing useful.

I got wider, taller bars and risers. Cables in front of the triple and they still dont let the slide close when the bars are turned left or right.

I gotta have new cables.

And I dont need to hear how yours do work. That doesnt help.

Motionpro does make them. they are available through scotts or gpr for their sub mount stabilizer kits. Happy hunting!