HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StPeters21

wierd vibration sound????

7 posts in this topic

I have a weird vibration sound only at high rpm's. It also seems like it happens when there is a very little load on the bike (ie. down hill, jumps, 2-3rd gear-ish). I've looked all over the bike and cant figure out what it is??? Any suggestions??? It doesn't sound like something is rattlting or breaking.... Just a vibration????

Have you checked all of you motor mount bolts; head stay, swingarm pivot, front bracket, and lower frame bolts?

ive checked all bolts....i just removed the pipe and re-installed it....i might be on to something....It has definately decressed....

did u recently put a skid plate on it? my brother put one on his crf450R and it had a weird vidration noise, only at certain engine RPMS thought. we had to put thin strips of rubber to isolate it and keep it from vibrating

no skid plate. ...but, i just had a buddy tell me that when his packing starts to go bad. he also gets a weird vibration. gonna check tonight. the packing only has about 15-20 hrs on it though???