Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abby

XR650R Dual Sport (Chain guard)

4 posts in this topic

I took my 650R for title reconstruction inspection today (PA), they told me a need a chain guard or the state would reject it.

Anybody have any neat ideas on making one for a 650R? It won't be permanant.

I can fab something from thin sheet, but attaching it is going to be a problem, I don't want to drill holes in the swingarm. There's the screw for the plastic chain guide, that's about it.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I took my 650R for title reconstruction inspection today (PA), they told me a need a chain guard or the state would reject it.

Anybody have any neat ideas on making one for a 650R? It won't be permanant.

I can fab something from thin sheet, but attaching it is going to be a problem, I don't want to drill holes in the swingarm. There's the screw for the plastic chain guide, that's about it.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I have seen XL and XRL chain guides adapted. You can use industrial zip-fasteners.

1 person likes this

yeah like some self adhesive sticky ones to hold you over for a one day inspection Look on ebay and get one there and just rig it up.

I have seen XL and XRL chain guides adapted. You can use industrial zip-fasteners.

duh - I didn't think about the XRL chain guide.

I can get the L guard and fab a simple bracket that wraps around the swingarm. That should do the trick.