HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eissinger4

06 WR450 odometer problem

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone...

I have an 06 WR450, and every time the battery dies, the odometer resets. Is there any way to keep the odometer reading when I replace batteries??? I have looked in the manual and done a thorough search here, but I haven't come up with anything. Thanks for ANY advice.

Not sure, but when my battery got low and died I just lost the time and not the odometer. Do you mean the trip meter?

No, the actual odometer that keeps track of the TOTAL miles on the bike. I've lost it twice now, so I have no idea how many miles are actually on it.

No, the actual odometer that keeps track of the TOTAL miles on the bike. I've lost it twice now, so I have no idea how many miles are actually on it.

I don't think there is a permanant odometer on the computers. When there is no power it resets. the device would need a backup battery for this I believe. I could not find anything in my manual about a permanent odometer. I have since given up and quit thinking about it. just like old times, total time and mileage is unkown:excuseme:

on mine there are two "trip" odometers. I try and use one for oil changes then the other for finding out how long of trips i take on the bike.

on mine there are two "trip" odometers. I try and use one for oil changes then the other for finding out how long of trips i take on the bike.

We are saying that if you kill your battery or unhook it, you will lose that info! FYI