can't start wr 426 when hot

i have a wr 426 it runs perfect and starts no prob when cold but it takes ages to start when hot. tried using hot start and not using it makes no differance pleases can anyone help

Check your valves, sounds like they could be getting a little tight. Tight valves will only get tighter when the engine warms up, and then you will have a bear of a time starting it. Hope this helps,

Josh

:worthy:

Also make sure the not start isn't clogged....... Although mine start hot without it so it's most likely valves.

i have a wr 426 it runs perfect and starts no prob when cold but it takes ages to start when hot. tried using hot start and not using it makes no differance pleases can anyone help its getting me down
Check your valves, sounds like they could be getting a little tight. Tight valves will only get tighter when the engine warms up, and then you will have a bear of a time starting it. Hope this helps,

Josh

If your valve clearance checks out ok you may need to adjust your idle mixture screw. If you don't know what or where it is there are plenty of threads that will help out if you do a search.

thanks for your imput can i check valves myself or do i need to take it to shop

You can check them youself easy enough but if they need re-shimimng some special tools are needed.