2008 YZ450 exhaust help

I am seriously considering buying one these(yamaha has some good deals that a minimum wage job can afford:thumbsup:).

But who here as actually had experience with the bike and has changed the exhaust out? I heard that the shorty pipe is holding the bike back severly. If I were to change the pipe out with an aftermarket exhaust, do you think or know that it will regain enough power in it's bottom end?

Thanks

CRFsean, I'm not calling you out or anything but I doubt that you can ride the bike to its full ability bone stock. With that being said I couldn't as well, but I did put a Dr.D Ti/Ti system on my 08 and it helped the bottom end. Also The PowerBowl made a world of difference too.

CRFsean, I'm not calling you out or anything but I doubt that you can ride the bike to its full ability bone stock. With that being said I couldn't as well, but I did put a Dr.D Ti/Ti system on my 08 and it helped the bottom end. Also The PowerBowl made a world of difference too.

your damn right I can't! but I don't want to spend my hard earned money on a bike that is below average in the motor department. And tho I can't ride the bike to its full potential, I ride sand dunes a lot and power is definatley a plus in the sand.

but thanks guys