HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpoore

Heaviest available XR600 fork springs?

5 posts in this topic

Racetech website says I need .516 kg/mm springs (86 XR600R w/ 92 forks, 280lb rider; general trail riding), but the heaviest they carry is .46 and Eibach has .47 whereas the stock is .42. Progressive doesn't seem to rate theirs.

Does anyone make heavier springs? Are heavier (>.47) springs really needed?

Thanks.

JP

Just get the heaviest ones you can. If that's not enough run a couple PSI or so of air pressure in them. That's what the schrader valve caps are for.

You can always cut them. Removing coils ups the rate. You replace what was cut with a spacer. Due to coil bind only a few inches can be removed, but I think that .51 may be achievable.

Racetech website says I need .516 kg/mm springs (86 XR600R w/ 92 forks, 280lb rider; general trail riding), but the heaviest they carry is .46 and Eibach has .47 whereas the stock is .42. Progressive doesn't seem to rate theirs.

Does anyone make heavier springs? Are heavier (>.47) springs really needed?

Thanks.

JP

PM me in the morning and I can figure out something that works :worthy: