clutch pull - 2006 vs. 2007

To ease the pull of the 2006 clutch, the latest issue of Motocross Action describes a procedure for replacing the clutch actuator arm and going to an 8-friction disk clutch pack from the 2007. Has anyone done this?

Is there that much of a difference between to 2006 and 2007? I have a full Hinson clutch in my 2006 but it is still not the easiest thing to pull. If the 2007 is much easier, I would be willing to do the mod.

When the 07's hit the dealer floor I noticed the pull was alot easier than the 06's. When the 08's hit the floor, the pull was more like the 06's. I don't know why the 07's are easier but they are. :worthy:

When the 07's hit the dealer floor I noticed the pull was alot easier than the 06's. When the 08's hit the floor, the pull was more like the 06's. I don't know why the 07's are easier but they are. :worthy:

Apparantly, the 2007 has a longer actuator arm so you get more leverage. Chad Reed had one as a works part on his 2006 and they made it part of the stock bike in 2007. I am not sure what they did to make the 2008 stiff again. Maybe stiffer springs.

Apparantly, the 2007 has a longer actuator arm so you get more leverage. Chad Reed had one as a works part on his 2006 and they made it part of the stock bike in 2007. I am not sure what they did to make the 2008 stiff again. Maybe stiffer springs.

My 08 isn't stiff. Feels better than my 07 and my 06. Matter of fact, it goes in that order. I would be willing to try the longer actuator arm on the 06. I'm not so sure about the clutch pack with two less disks. Matter of fact, the 07 & 08 clutch packs are the same. I have had fading problems on my 08 when the motor is super hot. Who knows? That longer arm in my 06 is a good idea. I'm very happy with the way my 06 clutch has performed. 100+ hours and i've only had to adjust it maybe twice. Can't say that for the 07 and definitely not the 08.

My 08 isn't stiff. Feels better than my 07 and my 06. Matter of fact, it goes in that order. I would be willing to try the longer actuator arm on the 06. I'm not so sure about the clutch pack with two less disks. Matter of fact, the 07 & 08 clutch packs are the same. I have had fading problems on my 08 when the motor is super hot. Who knows? That longer arm in my 06 is a good idea. I'm very happy with the way my 06 clutch has performed. 100+ hours and i've only had to adjust it maybe twice. Can't say that for the 07 and definitely not the 08.

not trying to get off topic, but it would be cool to get a pic of all three of your bikes in a row.

I also wouldnt mind trying that mod.

not trying to get off topic, but it would be cool to get a pic of all three of your bikes in a row.

I also wouldnt mind trying that mod.

I'll work on that for ya.