HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gg50

Need help, carb/idle

5 posts in this topic

I just got a 05 yz450 and the bike ran great first few time. but now when you rev it up in gear or in neutral it will stay reved for a few second and then lower back down. What should i check. The cables are good and everything looks fine to me. Thanks

it is probably a cloged pilot jet or fuel screw adjustment if that dosn't work than it is probably your tps .

i also have the same problem with my 04. it if i set my idle really low or really high it wont do it. but in between it does. any info would be great.

I just got a 05 yz450 and the bike ran great first few time. but now when you rev it up in gear or in neutral it will stay reved for a few second and then lower back down. What should i check. The cables are good and everything looks fine to me. Thanks

Clean your carburetor, pilot jet/ leak jet/mainjet. Pull out your fuel screw and make sure you have the o-ring in there. Clean all passages with compressed air when the jets are removed. It sounds like your pilot jet is partially clogged. try your fuel screw at 2 turns and lower your idle screw< turn it counterclockwise>. Its probably set to high to compensate for a clogged pilot jet.