Need help, carb/idle

I just got a 05 yz450 and the bike ran great first few time. but now when you rev it up in gear or in neutral it will stay reved for a few second and then lower back down. What should i check. The cables are good and everything looks fine to me. Thanks

it is probably a cloged pilot jet or fuel screw adjustment if that dosn't work than it is probably your tps .

i also have the same problem with my 04. it if i set my idle really low or really high it wont do it. but in between it does. any info would be great.

I just got a 05 yz450 and the bike ran great first few time. but now when you rev it up in gear or in neutral it will stay reved for a few second and then lower back down. What should i check. The cables are good and everything looks fine to me. Thanks

Clean your carburetor, pilot jet/ leak jet/mainjet. Pull out your fuel screw and make sure you have the o-ring in there. Clean all passages with compressed air when the jets are removed. It sounds like your pilot jet is partially clogged. try your fuel screw at 2 turns and lower your idle screw< turn it counterclockwise>. Its probably set to high to compensate for a clogged pilot jet.

my fren says a worn needle will also do tat,

can somebody confirm tis,

thanks.

:worthy: