HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cohocarl

Back in the dirt 30 years later.:)

3 posts in this topic

Thought I'd say hi to everyone here, and thanks for all the useful information on the YZ 4 strokers.

I grew up riding dirt bikes, starting with a 69 (?) Honda 50 mini trail when I was 8, then moved to a Yamaha mini enduro, MX 100, and then my last dirt bike, a 75 Honda 125 Elsinore which I rode until out of high school. Then college, working, marriage, etc hit and I've been off the dirt since the late 70's. Have had a few road bikes since then, but got the itch about a year ago to get back to the dirt. I've always been impressed with the 400, 426 and 450 YZ's, and came across a rather clean 2003 YZ 450 last week and it's now out in my barn.:worthy: (still warm b.t.w. because I had to take it for a spin after work before it got too dark....)

All I can say is this thing is amazing. Very easy to ride with my rusty skills, and the goofy power has had me smiling every second I've been on it. Wish I would have bought one sooner.