Gonna Own a WR450F Soon!

Hey guys, I'm Jamie and I'm 15.. Well I had a YZ80 but I never actually rode it much.. I have experience riding big bikes.. :worthy: Well my dad is going to get me a WR450F Maybe 2004 Model.. Well my question is - I read about the Free Mods I can do to increase the hidden power..

There are guys who bring down the bike we want from Japan but they dont know what has been done to the bike or not..

How do I find out if the Throttle Stop Mod has been done? I havent rode a WR450F yet so I dont know the real power it should have..

From here onwards I want to do the mechanical stuff on my bikes... I understand a bit about Jetting now.. But not about the screw settings on the carb...

Thanks in advance,

Jamie!

if you get a 2006 or older model wr450f it will be easy to get to the carburetor. do some searching around this forum and you'll find the length of the throttle stop screw, it's only a screw, so even if it still has the stock one you can just cut it to the right length. Or if it's easy for you to get a yz450 screw then just get that. have fun with your future WR.

I found the out the Stock Length and Modded Length earlier.. So basically I have to take the screw out to check whether the mod was done or not right?

Another thing is if I shorten the screw do I HAVE to disconnect the grey wire?And after all that do I have have to Re Jet the bike?

Also I love the 2007,2008 LED TAILIGHT Fender, is it possible for me to install the whole fender from a 2008 Model onto a 2004 Model?

Thanks!!

You dont' HAVE to do the grey wire, but the throttle stop and grey wire mod go hand in hand. Also, the fender you want will work but it has to be modified quite a bit to fit the older generations. Read the three stickies and the accompanying links, and do a little searching to get used to how things work. It'll give you something to do before you get the bike and then you'll be up to speed regarding the free mods...SC

I found the out the Stock Length and Modded Length earlier.. So basically I have to take the screw out to check whether the mod was done or not right?

Another thing is if I shorten the screw do I HAVE to disconnect the grey wire?And after all that do I have have to Re Jet the bike?

Also I love the 2007,2008 LED TAILIGHT Fender, is it possible for me to install the whole fender from a 2008 Model onto a 2004 Model?

Thanks!!

You will only get about an 1/8 turn on the throttle if it's stock. Pull the boot pack, look into the carb at WOT and see if it opens all the way.

geoffro, like I said I never rode my Yz80 much, too boring LMAO! I rode my dads XR500R and very rarely his Hayabusa or CBR1100Xx!

JSanfilippo

Thats a number i'll ever forget either :worthy: But i'll always remember the length of the non threaded part which has to be cut down to 20mm from earlier length of 28mm..

From the looks of it now, I'm begging my dad for a Brand New Wr450f!!! I really really pray that I would get a Brand New one!!

Please Pray for me lol!

Ooh and btw, do you guys know where I can get a YZ450F Throttle Stop? TT Store doesnt seem to have em?

Thanks!

I ordered my yzf throttle stop screw for 7 bucks from my dealer. It would have saved me a few bones to just cut the stock one, but now I've got a spare. Beg dad for a new one (aluminum frame baby!) You also get the trick lookin' headlight and taillight with the 07 and on. I've got an '07, the only thing I don't like is that it's a serious pain in the nuts to get the carb. Just changing the jets is like an hour long job because you have to loosen a bunch of shit just to spin the carb about 45 degrees. Rejetting on the trail would be a serious pain in the butt. Good luck, you'll definetly enjoy your wr more than your 85. Just remember.. Heavier means you need to use a lot more finess otherwise you'll land with the rubber side up.

-SHERIFF

Oh btw... you won't get the potential of the throttle screw mod without during the grey wire mod and vice versa. If you do the screw mod without disconnecting the grey wire, you let a bunch of fuel in but the timing isn't prepared to burn it up quick enough, therefore you end up running rich and flooding. If you do the grey wire without the throttle stop, you speed up the timing but ultimately run it lean because you don't have enough fuel in the cylinder to keep up with your spark. Do them both at the same time and you'll feel like your riding a different bike. I thought my WR had power from the factory, but it's a rocket when you do the mods. Keep us posted.

-SHERIFF

Ok cool thanks for the GOOD Write Up Sheriff!!

I have been wondering, is there any difference between the 07' and the 08' WR450F?

The only difference seems that theres a SMALL difference in the weight according to the Yamaha Website?! Lol

Oh and yeah, some people consider a jetting kit as a mod? Is it an add on?

What I'm thinking is, that it is a set of needles and etc, to make the bike run like it is supposed in all weather/altitude conditions right?

Lol, the history is.. Well I have my main hobby as Radio Controlled Engine Powered Monster Trucks.. The best one I have is called a Savage, and i'm on alot of those radio control forums.. Sooo, I bash my savage soo much so I put my name as Savagekilla lol..

Lol, the history is.. Well I have my main hobby as Radio Controlled Engine Powered Monster Trucks.. The best one I have is called a Savage, and i'm on alot of those radio control forums.. Sooo, I bash my savage soo much so I put my name as Savagekilla lol..

Are you a Sri Lankan, or an expat?

Nice. I have a MonsterGT and a Losi xxx-t. Selling them though!

SXP, I'm a Sri Lankan ?

NOSTALGIC, Thats cool! Why are you selling them though?

I have a HPI SAVAGE, KYOSHO MADFORCE, OFNA HYPER 7, XTM X-CELLERATOR and two other onroad cars..

I'm selling them because I don't have the time for now. Plus, I have a young son and want to restart this hobby when he is old enough to be involved. If I saved these they wouldn't be in very good shape in 5 or so years.

I'll get back into it though for sure! It's a great hobby. Anyone interested at all should go for it!