HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mvm450

Scott stabilizer with Rg3's 22mm

15 posts in this topic

I really need to pick up a stabilizer for my 07 yz450. I was told by a friend that the scotts stabilizer will not fit under the handle bars. I don't want to put it in front of the number plate. Anyone heard different?:worthy:

i have a top mount that mounts ontop of my RG3. I got it from Fastway as part of their handgaurd system. I'll get pics of it soon. The downside is I'm not exactly sure if/how I will run a bar pad.

Here's a pic from their website.

FIT_System.jpg

I just purchased a gpr set up similar to what hotnanas shows. I'm going to run it on the stock set up. I looked at the under the bar set up and I like my bar set up the way it is and don't want to raise them to clear the damper. The only draw back that I can tell is not having a pad but I think I can come up with something.

I also have an 07 yz450f. I picked up the gpr from cycle pro 's in Mesa Arizona for 340 including tax. Not a bad deal.

Craig

Over the bars is the most common mount. Scotts will have one that fits your bike. Then you get a collar, im assumming they are all bolt on's now with the aluminum frames. :worthy:

Scotts is offering a bolt-on kit for the aluminum frames, although I haven't seen one, so I can offer you no description.

The most economic way to get the mount parts is to buy them as a complete kit from Scotts, rather than piece by piece, and the best way to get the right stuff the first time is to call them directly. That way, all the questions get answered.

Scotts is offering a bolt-on kit for the aluminum frames, although I haven't seen one, so I can offer you no description.

i have one on my 06 250f, very clean.

i have one on my 06 250f, very clean.

I'd like to see that. Can you post or e-mail me a picture? The anchor peg that would attach to the frame for the damper lever is what Im mostly curious about.

It uses the bolt that attaches the front of the fuel tank to the frame, it has a little tongue that slips underneath. Super easy install, no drilling, tapping or welding. I'd shoot you a picture, but the IMS tank covers it.

okay, just installed my scotts mount with my RG3. It looks like I need to do some modifying, because the bolts from the bar mounts hit my scotts damper bracket. I need to shave the bolts down, add a spacer to raise the top clamp, notch the steering damper bracket, counterbore the bolts in the clamp, or call scotts and see what else can be done.