HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gtxkid

I need CALF. jetting for 2008 450F

7 posts in this topic

I am going to go to race at Glen Hellen from Colorado next week and would like to know what to do as far as jetting.

Any suggestions for me would help.

Thanks from Greg

Multiply your current jet size by 1.03. That should take you from a 160 to a 165, as an example.

Multiply your current jet size by 1.03. That should take you from a 160 to a 165, as an example.

Gray, I have been running the stock jetting in my 08 with the fuel screw at 2 1/4, everything else stock. It seemed pretty good. When i changed to the pro circuit Ti-4, all i changed was the main jet 160-165 and it seems almost perfect. That is what i used at Glen Helen 2 weeks ago.

Greg,

I rode mine with stock exhaust and stock jetting, and it ran fine. Today, I rode Glen Helen with a Dr.D full pipe with a 162 main, 48 pilot, dropped the clip to 4th position, and the air screw out 1 3/4. The bike absolutely ripped. No backfiring, and great throttle response. Dr.D gave me these settings, but they said use the stock pilot. The bike was backfiring like crazy so I went up one on the pilot and it worked great. Hope this helps out!!

Gray, I have been running the stock jetting in my 08 with the fuel screw at 2 1/4, everything else stock. It seemed pretty good. When i changed to the pro circuit Ti-4, all i changed was the main jet 160-165 and it seems almost perfect. That is what i used at Glen Helen 2 weeks ago.
Assuming his current jetting for Colorado (assuming 5000') is right, and the temperature is the same in SBD, the 3500' drop in altitude should require about a 3% increase in jet size. Sounds like that was about right.

Greg,

I rode mine with stock exhaust and stock jetting, and it ran fine. Today, I rode Glen Helen with a Dr.D full pipe with a 162 main, 48 pilot, dropped the clip to 4th position, and the air screw out 1 3/4. The bike absolutely ripped. No backfiring, and great throttle response. Dr.D gave me these settings, but they said use the stock pilot. The bike was backfiring like crazy so I went up one on the pilot and it worked great. Hope this helps out!!

You guys do everyone a favor and post your jetting in the All Jetting Specs thread. Use the template. :worthy: