07 YZ450 Lower pegs

I heard the new pegs on the '08 YZ450F were 5mm thinner in height of the peg itself (effectively lowering by 3/16 of an inch compared to the '07).
Wow. What if I wear thick socks?
It seems I read something about the lowering of the pegs on the 08 gave it a feel of the rider compartment being opened up a little more.
Maybe, but the only thing it says on the Yamaha web site is "wider".

Maybe, but the only thing it says on the Yamaha web site is "wider".

I know I have been looking every where for it. I thought it was on Yamaha's site, under innovations. Maybe it was in a magazine write up and they got it wrong. If I find it I will let you know.

Maybe your boots will feel too small :-)

I can't find the 5mm quote yet, but here's a quote from MXA's site: http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=695AFC4DC0644A35AD3A84951D754FC2

YZ FOUR-STROKE SHARED CHANGES

• REDESIGNED BOTTOM TRIPLE CLAMP

• NEW SHOCK LINKAGE

• LOWER AND WIDER (55mm) FOOTPEGS

• ENLARGED HIGH-SPEED COMPRESSION PORT

Thanks. I pretty much read the same thing and was hoping someone has done it. 5mm doesn't sound like much, but I'm hoping to be able to actually "feel" the difference. Pegs aren't cheap! (if it is 5mm lower)

You might be able to do the free mod like I did for my '06. I did it last year so its a little fuzzy now, but I found everything I needed by searching. It involves taking the foot pegs off, flipping them over and switching sides. There was a little grinding involved to get it so they would bend up just like before the mod. They end up going down and back a little. They are lower by about a 1/2 inch.

that would work good for just getting the pegs lower for taller guys, but you would lose peg to ground clearance, which is important for supermoto use. For SM, the lower profile pegs from the 08 would be better, as no ground clearance is lost

I lowered mine. It seems like a small amount but made a huge comfort gain on my bike.

I used a few dremmel cut off blades and grinding stones to get the angle right.

I have the winham bend pro tapers then added the pro taper risers with a spacer they come with longer bolts, feels great now standing

@6'4"