HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wes782

zip ty mod, WOW!

17 posts in this topic

well after being very mad about my bikes very poor throttle response and jetting and having my bike cut out on a lip of a triple at supercross track and damn near breaking my anlkes from a very nice case i decided to send my carb to zipty like everyone seems to recommened doing. well i just got my carb back and got my bike all put back together all i can say is wow! this thing has such good response its nuts. i knew it would be good but not this good. i rode it down the street for now and there is a very noticable difference! ill write some more after i ride it at a track tommarow. im so glad i spent the money on this! :D:crazy:

I've thought about doing this to my 06 YZ450 too. I hate that low end bog too. Did this mod give your bike more snap down low too?

I've thought about doing this to my 06 YZ450 too. I hate that low end bog too. Did this mod give your bike more snap down low too?

Hell yes it does. It is so much more responsive in all throttle areas it's surprising.:crazy:

it cost me about 175 but that was paying for 2 day air shipping.

and i have a 07 yzf450

168 main and 48 pilot everything else was left stock and i dont no what that came with...try those 2 tho. Mine still has a little bog if i rip the throttle real fast but thts one the stand and not nearly as warmed up as it should be, but also this only happens like 1 out of 5 times i do that. ill give a ride report tommarow

I tried a 48 pilot and it was TOO rich (even here in the 50degree MN weather!!) Where is your F/S set at??

All 450s benefit from this mod....but you must know how to jet your own bike and know what jet changes are neccessary for temp and humidy changes. The R&D Floatbowl is supposed to get rid of all bog when done with the ZipTy mod....that is why ZipTy Racing endorses this product and uses it on their race bikes. I have the mod done of both my bikes...and it does work very very well....adds up to 2hp also

I agree with your assessment on the pilot jet. I have been runnign 165mj / 45 pj all summer with only a slight decel pop that was controllable with the fuel screw. I just switched to a 168 main jet for the colder weather. Elevation is 900 feet. I also have the Zip-Ty carb mod and WB exhaust.

All 450s benefit from this mod....but you must know how to jet your own bike and know what jet changes are neccessary for temp and humidy changes. The R&D Floatbowl is supposed to get rid of all bog when done with the ZipTy mod....that is why ZipTy Racing endorses this product and uses it on their race bikes. I have the mod done of both my bikes...and it does work very very well....adds up to 2hp also

You have the mod AND the R&D floatbowl?. Have you had to fiddle with the adjustments on the bowl<leak jet screw> etc? or are you running it as they set it up for you?

I've got just the R&D Powerbowl and it did help with hot stalling and the bike is definately more responsive. That was my main concern with the Zip-Ty mod, I don't need more hit.