HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neevothespaniel

Pro Taper Evo - Guessing bend

6 posts in this topic

I am looking at getting some Pro Taper Evo's from the US next month (live in Oz), mainly because of the awsome prices you guys and gals pay.

I currently have the original Renthals on my 05 YZ450F. I have no issues with the bars and find them pretty comfortable (mind you I haven't tried anything else).My questions are:

What would be the closest bend from the Evo range that would suit my needs?

Is it possible to even suggest anything or should I get my arse down to the shop and hold some in my hand?

If I do the above, how do I go about finding what I like without having them mounted to a bike?

Thanks in advance

You do realize that Pro Taper Evos are thicker then the stock Renthals on the 05? You will need to order a new top triple clamp or an adapter kit also.

Stock Renthal 7/8"

ProTaper Evo 1 1/8"

why not just order some bars from ballards or another place in sydney called mcas superstore.. they are pretty cheap their, just compare the 2 tell ballards theo ther place is cheaper and they will give them for cheaper. i think in the catalogue u can pick up good tag and pro tapers for $140-160

You do realize that Pro Taper Evos are thicker then the stock Renthals on the 05? You will need to order a new top triple clamp or an adapter kit also.

Stock Renthal 7/8"

ProTaper Evo 1 1/8"

Yes I Do. I will also be ordering the Tag Metals 1 1/8" adapter

why not just order some bars from ballards or another place in sydney called mcas superstore.. they are pretty cheap their, just compare the 2 tell ballards theo ther place is cheaper and they will give them for cheaper. i think in the catalogue u can pick up good tag and pro tapers for $140-160

Ballards = $160AU

Import from US = $90US = $100AU

Its a no brainer really!!

Hey mate,

I purchased some Pro Taper Evo's, Windham Bend off Bto sports a few months back with no dramas although on reflection I would have got a bend slightly smaller (Reed Bend) as i rode a bike with that bend on them and they felt perfect for me.

I am about 6'1.

Holding them in your hand is what i did but unless you are riding a bike with them mounted on it, its a bit hit and miss i think.