Pro Taper Evo - Guessing bend

I am looking at getting some Pro Taper Evo's from the US next month (live in Oz), mainly because of the awsome prices you guys and gals pay.

I currently have the original Renthals on my 05 YZ450F. I have no issues with the bars and find them pretty comfortable (mind you I haven't tried anything else).My questions are:

What would be the closest bend from the Evo range that would suit my needs?

Is it possible to even suggest anything or should I get my arse down to the shop and hold some in my hand?

If I do the above, how do I go about finding what I like without having them mounted to a bike?

Thanks in advance

You do realize that Pro Taper Evos are thicker then the stock Renthals on the 05? You will need to order a new top triple clamp or an adapter kit also.

Stock Renthal 7/8"

ProTaper Evo 1 1/8"

why not just order some bars from ballards or another place in sydney called mcas superstore.. they are pretty cheap their, just compare the 2 tell ballards theo ther place is cheaper and they will give them for cheaper. i think in the catalogue u can pick up good tag and pro tapers for $140-160

You do realize that Pro Taper Evos are thicker then the stock Renthals on the 05? You will need to order a new top triple clamp or an adapter kit also.

Stock Renthal 7/8"

ProTaper Evo 1 1/8"

Yes I Do. I will also be ordering the Tag Metals 1 1/8" adapter

why not just order some bars from ballards or another place in sydney called mcas superstore.. they are pretty cheap their, just compare the 2 tell ballards theo ther place is cheaper and they will give them for cheaper. i think in the catalogue u can pick up good tag and pro tapers for $140-160

Ballards = $160AU

Import from US = $90US = $100AU

Its a no brainer really!!

Hey mate,

I purchased some Pro Taper Evo's, Windham Bend off Bto sports a few months back with no dramas although on reflection I would have got a bend slightly smaller (Reed Bend) as i rode a bike with that bend on them and they felt perfect for me.

I am about 6'1.

Holding them in your hand is what i did but unless you are riding a bike with them mounted on it, its a bit hit and miss i think.

Exactly. Be sure to take into account the height of the adapters.