HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soudry

250f or 450f?

8 posts in this topic

i'm 6'2 220-230(it varies between hollydays) i'm an ok rider, and ride only track with plans of racing next year

will the 250 feel soft, small, slow?

compared to the 450?

Go with the 450 dude. I'm only 158 riding a 450 now after years of being on a 250f and am totally comfortable on it. The 250f was a blast and I may have had a little more "fun" on it since I revved it out further but I don't miss that part when I'm passing 450s' on straights I could never get them on before.

since im pretty much the same size as you i would most definately get the 450 if i was you. i have one and i love the power on the track. i myself am only a decent rider, but the power makes up for a lot of rider error. the only place a 250f would be better is in woods where you cant walk between trees, but 4 mx i would go fo-fitty all the way.

I'm 190 and have had both. You will regret not getting the 450 unless you want to go slow and never be able to climb any big hills. The 450 feels like a cheater bike as it makes everything easier.

Only buy a 250 is you are inexperienced or a beginner rider.

At 6'4" and 230 lbs. I can tell you that my wifes 250F is fun to ride.......for a little while. It works too hard to haul me around and it doesn't have the punch to get me over tricky obsticles. It will however, go up any hill I've pointed it at. My wife used to fall on occasion and I'd have to climb a hill for her. Its been awhile since she's had trouble, but I'm sure it will still pull me up anything.

Get the big bore. Lots of power, less maintenance since your probably not going to be on the rev-limiter, and more fitting for a guy your size. :crazy:

less maintenance since your probably not going to be on the rev-limiter

Thats one of the main reasons I went with the 450. Plus the power is really manageable. Its not scary unless you really grab a fistfull of throttle.

Its a bike that can ride like a 250 but has plenty of grunt in reserve if needed.

Thats one of the main reasons I went with the 450. Plus the power is really manageable. Its not scary unless you really grab a fistfull of throttle.

Its a bike that can ride like a 250 but has plenty of grunt in reserve if needed.

Exactly!