HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firestarter

Moose high output stator for the 650R any good?

12 posts in this topic

Im planning an upgrad of my lightning system,,, and moose is the only stator available here,,, but i 've only read comments about the stator made by rickystator . .. any help will be greatly appreciated :crazy:

btw is a 100W +100 W stator the one i want

I'm pretty sure that Moose just sells them. If I remember correctly they are Electrex stators. Never heard too many complaints about the Electrex stators.

I installed a moose 200w stator into my '04 XR650R. The only problem I've had is the bullet connector for my dual sport headlight could not deliver the current necessary and started to melt. A quick and easy fix was to just solder the connection.............works fine now! I'd recommend a moose in a heartbeat!!

Im planning an upgrad of my lightning system,,, and moose is the only stator available here,,, but i 've only read comments about the stator made by rickystator . .. any help will be greatly appreciated :crazy:

btw is a 100W +100 W stator the one i want

Baja Designs will rewind your stock stator as well- another popular option not mentioned. Also, if your handy , there are posts here that give you info on rewinding your stator yourself for around $30. Do a search and you should find lots of info on this subject:thumbsup:

Also, if your handy , there are posts here that give you info on rewinding your stator yourself for around $30.

This is really easy. Took me about an hour and a half.

thanx a lot guys,,, ill see if im brave enough to rewind it myself

the nice thing (piece of mind) about the Baja Designs stators is they do not mess with your ignition. they only rewind the lighting coil. the ignition stays stock! you can never be sure about all the aftermarket stators. I had a Ricky Stator stator crap-out in my 2003 CRF 450r. the lighting coil worked fine but the ignition went out slowly. it became increasingly harder and harder to start.

may be an issue and may not be....

:crazy:

I sure could be wrong, but I thought that the Ricky's were the same. The ignition winding is stock and they only rewind the lighting coil. Same as Baja Designs.

On my Baja Designs rewound stator, the ignition coil failed just like your Ricky stator experience.

I'm pretty sure that the Electrex stators (Moose) are brand new units. As the failure of the XR stators appears to be a time and heat related issue, a new one would be better don't you think?

I'm pretty sure that Moose just sells them. If I remember correctly they are Electrex stators. Never heard too many complaints about the Electrex stators.

Kind of a late post, but better late than never. The stators that Moose sells are manufactured by Electrosport. At least they list them as a distributor on their site. I beleive Electrex is a different company located in the UK.

http://www.electrosport.com/05_distribution.html

Kind of a late post, but better late than never. The stators that Moose sells are manufactured by Electrosport. At least they list them as a distributor on their site. I beleive Electrex is a different company located in the UK.

http://www.electrosport.com/05_distribution.html

its not a late post,,, im gonna get the electrosport as many people advice!

thank you all