2008 Tenere

There is talk of people petitioning Yamaha to bring this beuty stateside.

I f it were to happen, HONDA LISTEN CLOSE...

My 05 XRL, and my wifes 07 Shadow 750 are up for sale. I then walk down to Yamaha and will never look back! Wouldnt take much to convince my dad and riding buddy to do the same with their 01 and 07 XRL's.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265147

• Like 1

nice bike but honda did the same thing years ago with the Transalp. The tires tell the whole story--cruiser/commuter, which could be worked into a capable adventurer, but never a trail bike. With a decent set of DOT knobbies, I might take it on some fire roads.

I'll stick with my 600R.

nice bike but honda did the same thing years ago with the Transalp. The tires tell the whole story--cruiser/commuter, which could be worked into a capable adventurer, but never a trail bike. With a decent set of DOT knobbies, I might take it on some fire roads.

I'll stick with my 600R.

I'm with k12. I use my 600R mianly for off road use with only occasional pavement. I run non-DOT knobbies. With only 8 inches of front suspension travel and weighing in at around 435 (full tank) it's not going to do well on the tight singletrack that I like so much. That really puts it into KLR650 territory. A 650L would run circles around it off road.

Now for a toy to drive back and forth to work...

I've got a deposit ready n' waiting on this mo'frackee. I've also been tracking it over at ADV as well.

As so many have already stated, it's not a replacement for the XRR or TE510, I don't think it's meant to be. What it appears to be, IMO, is a very capable long distance dual-sport with the proven water-cooled 660 motor, FI, counter balanced, modern displays, dual disc front brakes, 5.XX-gal. tank, and factory designed luggage system and other available goodies.

I would suspect that my XRL would have to move over as my 'go to' bike for the TAT, or mid-west to AK ride.

Just sayin.' :crazy:

yuppers, a little to orange adventure tour for me

Oh and I think I remember Yamaha comming out with the 5 valve head like around early 80's.. so should be able to go in a d/s by now.. but look at the XRL!

$$$ is always the bottom line I guess. It sells, keep making it.

It's really good-looking, no doubt there....but obviously a street bike more than anything else (sorry if I'm just repeating other comments, just thinking out loud) needs a high front fender, knobblier tires and a serious weight reduction to be anywhere near effective in ANY off-road situation...and a 22-liter gas tank under the seat?? There's some weight for ya! What's that, 7 gallons of gas? I don't know, like I say it's awful good-looking, but....

• 2 months later...