anyone have a desert tank on an 07?

The lower piece of the bracket mounts to the frame just like the stock one. The upper piece wraps around the front of the tank. There is a screw on both sides of the tank.

The one issue is the petcock is now opposite. What I mean is the valve to turn the gas on with is now on the inside closer to the engine. I left mine that way but some people said all you need to do is get a petcock from an earlier model and it is back to being on the outside.

The fit and finish is good on the tank, it works with most rad guards and the steering damper post clamp for my scott's had no issues bolting up with the tank.

The only problems I had / have - Petcock (got a different one from WR426, I think any steel framed era four stroke YZ/WR will work)

The YZ shrouds, especially left side for me will tend to "buckle" on a lay down or impact with something, the Unabiker guards tend to get pushed back... (YES I have bent my Unabikers :crazy: still a great guard but not indestructible) any way there seems to be some binding going on between the rear tank bolt and the lower rad bolt on the shroud and if so much as look at it wrong sometimes, it buckles. I have been trying different spacers etc... it's definitely something I can live with but I was hoping for a WR specific CLARKE... word is they will be out in a few months:thumbsup:

SJMCDON Did you have your unabikers on before you put on the new tank/ shrouds? The unabikers torque my wr shrouds some as well though they don't buckle. I also had to do a little trimming on the bottoms of the shrouds.

Yes I had them on before the big tank and I too had to cut a notch out of the lower corner on my WR shrouds....

cool, thanks.... now i don't know which one i want. i know i don't want to lose the shrouds so it won't be the 3.3 acerbis, i like the fact that with the clear you can see the fuel level, black always looks good... opinions on which one you think will look better on my bike anyone? thanks,

HPIM0272.jpg

HPIM0271.jpg