HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pb1963

WR426/450 for a big guy??

3 posts in this topic

I'm looking at buying a used 450 and I was curious, having never been on a WR, how much room there is in the cockpit. I'm 6'-9" about 270 with gear on. I know that given my size I'm not going to fit great on a bike. However, I've noticed some fit better than others. I'm currently riding a KTM300EXC and that thing is great in the roominess department. I would like to stick with KTM for this reason but their 4 strokes carry a hefty price tag, even used. I've read that the WR is a great bike but all the test riders are little guys. Hopefully some of you big guys can help me out. Thanks

I'm looking at buying a used 450 and I was curious, having never been on a WR, how much room there is in the cockpit. I'm 6'-9" about 270 with gear on. I know that given my size I'm not going to fit great on a bike. However, I've noticed some fit better than others. I'm currently riding a KTM300EXC and that thing is great in the roominess department. I would like to stick with KTM for this reason but their 4 strokes carry a hefty price tag, even used. I've read that the WR is a great bike but all the test riders are little guys. Hopefully some of you big guys can help me out. Thanks

Send a PM to ncmountainman. He is your size and has/does own both a WR450 and a YZ450. He has a lot of saddle time on both these bikes and should be able to give you all the info you need.