Pulled over by the NHP !!!

I about got strung up by some dickhead NHP trooper with a bullshit charge a few months before I started my cop job. Needless to say, he is one of the few examples that I reference in how not to do my job on a daily basis.

Does that count?:crazy:

I about got strung up by some dickhead NHP trooper with a bullshit charge a few months before I started my cop job. Needless to say, he is one of the few examples that I reference in how not to do my job on a daily basis.

Does that count?:crazy:

ya buddy!

good to know that some of our finest have level heads!lol

liberia huh? what the heck you doin there ? you from NV?

nice! you got off too! i'm hoping with this cam i just ordered will let me get third up. i think being at 4300 ft. really makes a difference from sea level power wise. i hear all you cali guys on your l's getting third wheelies. mine wont up here.

All stock except for standard mods, running 14-48, just a little bump in the road, and its up.

Dave

All stock except for standard mods, running 14-48, just a little bump in the road, and its up.

Dave

see i run 15/48. maybe the 14 would do it. how is it at 65 mph?

I was going home one evening on my XRL from watching a race at a local MX track and took a short cut down a dirt road that becomes paved as it reaches a subdivision. I had underestimated how cool it was and was making a little time trying to get home before freezing to death. I saw headlights of an on-coming vehicle and didn't think it was a cop until I passed him. Sure enough, he turned around and pulled me over. I have a CHL and carry a derringer so I handed him both licenses as required by Texas law. He asked if I had a weapon and I told him about the derringer in my pocket. He asked if he could pull it out and I, of course, said yes. After he pulled it out, he wanted to unload it and was struggling to figure out how. It's fairly obvious how it opens as it has a large hinge on top; but, he kept trying to break it open the wrong way. I knew to keep my distance from him so he wouldn't become alarmed and tried explaining to him how to do it. The guy scared me because it's very easy to pop off the safety and cause an accidental discharge if you aren't paying attention. He finally listened to what I was telling him and got the shells out. After all of this, he just gave me a warning about speeding and gave my gun as well as ammo back. I reloaded the gun and had it back in pocket in under 2 seconds which seemed to aggravate him. I wanted to comment that I would expect a Police office to be trained in gun safety and more careful; but, it wouldn't have been a smart move.

see i run 15/48. maybe the 14 would do it. how is it at 65 mph?

With a big rear tire, not too bad. A little buzzy.

Dave

ya buddy!

good to know that some of our finest have level heads!lol

liberia huh? what the heck you doin there ? you from NV?

No, I just set Liberia to mess with peoples' minds. It's one of my favorite passtimes:thumbsup:

I hoisted one years ago on my Superhawk outside of a bike night in Reno and got popped by NHP. My lawyer buddy got it reduced to speeding. Yeah!

I wanted to comment that I would expect a Police office to be trained in gun safety and more careful; but, it wouldn't have been a smart move.

The problem is every once in awhile, we will run across a gun we've never seen and it takes a rocket scientist to render safe. I'm pretty well versed in firearms and a few months ago, I ran into a gun that had me stumped for a good 5 minutes:eek:

...what is the worst that has happened to any of you?...

The Maricopa county (4th largest county in the US) jail is not a fun place to spend the night.

I have several family members and some friends who are in law enforcement. Having heard some of their stories I have a lot of respect and empathy for anyone in law enforcement.

A couple of years ago my son was out for an early-morning Sunday ride, on C470 in Denver. He was on his Duc 900 Monster, and as was his tendency on that bike he was going fast. Since there were very few vehicles out at that early hour he didn't thinbk he was being overly reckless... But he says he was doing about 110 (in an empty Construction Zone). Duh.

There was a hi-cube van ahead and he slowed slightly as he approached it to pass. As he got around he noticed the Arapahoe County Sheriff car.

The first question the deputy asked was "How fast were you going?" Joe told him he was watching the road and traffic and did not notice his speed.

The deputy then asked about various (legal) mods Joe had made on his Duc and then he would ask, "How fast were you going?" Joe repeated his answer. That went on for about 5 minutes.

After ever answer to any question the deputy asked, Joe would end his answer with "Sir". And he would say it sincerely. Finally the deputy told him he thought he was going too fast and to be more careful in the future. Joe assured him he would, thanked him, and that was that.

It has been my experience that the majority of law enforcement guys are just trying to do their job and keep the bad guys from messing with the rest of us. As long as you make it CLEAR that you're not a "bad guy" most cops will tend to just give you a warning.

Yeah, there are bad cops, just like there are idiot riders. Thankfully, both are a tiny minority.

i agree. treat them with plenty of respect and you'll get the same.

Just sitting here reading this stuff and laughing my ass off. Good thread. Closest I ever came to any of this was back in the day, like 1965, and getting pulled over on my shiney, new, open piped 305 Honda Scrambler. Winding that motor with the pipes open would rattle your ear drums for sure. Made my parents proud as they just happened to be going past as Barney Fife was writing me up. OGB

The police in England ask themselves several queations before acting:

-Is the rider being a danger to himself, or fellow road users?

-Is the rider in control of the bike?

-Is the rider's bike road worthy? Headlights on, etc.

-Is the rider dressed in the correct manner? (ie. gloves, protective clothing, etc.)

Even if you are speeding (going over the speed limit a little), the police will generaly look the other way if you pass most of the criteria.

The test required in the UK for a 'big' bike licence is so difficult now, that anyone with a 'big' bike already has some respect from law enforcement.

Yes, if you do get pulled over: take off your helmet right away, be polite, stand in the road, not on the sidewalk, this way you appear shorter to the cop on the sidewalk, and less threatening. Be polite. Be polite. Be polite.

Dude with bald tyres, way too slack chain, six pack bungyed to the rear fender, wheelieing in board shorts and chatting to his bird on a mobile is asking for it, but otherwise if you are sensible, you can use some of that power the bike has.

But get this, in some counties (States) it is illegal for the police to chase another vechicle at high speeds. There are some individuals who take advantage of this law and make full use of the power the bike has. If the police take note of your number plate though, it's curtains!

well, BRP i seem to have passed all four questions a brit cop asks himself before stopping a rider.

though, i fail at standing in the roadway so that im appearing shorter...

im 6'5" 230 lbs.! LOL.

martinfan30, looks like you could ride 'cop free' in the UK !!! How does that feel ? LOL

Oscar Wilde said, 'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.' :worthy:

Sometimes standing in the gutter can save you some cash !!!

on the way home tonight, i stopped at a corner store for a couple cans of bud. on the way out it turned onto the hiway and whacked the throttle on my XRL. a wheelie for 10-15 ft until i saw the lights coming at me! i pulled over right away as i was the ONLY vehicle on the east bound side. S*** !

i was thinking the worst. he got out and said "I KNOW that wasnt an accident!" i kinda just laughed and said "guess i shouldnt have done that!". luckily he is fellow rider and just warned me that was reckless.

my question is, what is the worst that has happened to any of you? I know you're out there!:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Okay Danger Boy! LOL I must be getting old, nothing has happened to me on my bikes, can't say the same for my Tundra....but I admitted I was above the speed limit and was warned - TWICE IN ONE WEEK!

haha! ol' lead foot!:worthy:

Love that V-8 albeit a samll one in the Tundra lotsa zoom, zoom, zoom ... to me anyway! It's a 2006 Tundra Sr-5 4X4 Access cab btw, in Timberland Mica (green). Best truck I have ever owned, except my 2000 Tacoma PreRunner, had 126K on it and ran like a top, just opted for bigger and more room and of course the 4wheel drive..

Love that V-8 albeit a samll one in the Tundra lotsa zoom, zoom, zoom ... to me anyway! It's a 2006 Tundra Sr-5 4X4 Access cab btw, in Timberland Mica (green). Best truck I have ever owned, except my 2000 Tacoma PreRunner, had 126K on it and ran like a top, just opted for bigger and more room and of course the 4wheel drive..

they are really good trucks. i own a 95 T100 and 03 seqouia. love em both! plus an added feature i work on yotas everyday!