Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slinkyman16

god i love yamis

17 posts in this topic

I love the relabilty of yamahas. damn almost 6 months and 8 rides on a mx track, 7 desert rides and still the valves are in the factory specs. i havnt touched the valves since i bought this thing.. 07 450. awsome bike..

yeah. i also checked my 426 that i bought new in 02 and still no valve movement at all. got to love it..

I love the relabilty of yamahas. damn almost 6 months and 8 rides on a mx track, 7 desert rides and still the valves are in the factory specs. i havnt touched the valves since i bought this thing.. 07 450. awsome bike..
Check it again when you get some time on it. :crazy:

Two weeks ago I got into a discussion with one of the local Yamaha dealership's owner about valve clearance checks on the newer 250Fs and 450Fs. He said..."Too many of my customers waste their time and money bringing their 4t Yammies in for valve clearance checks because they rarely if ever move!" :crazy: This guy said that it still amazes him to this day how stable these bikes are with respect to the valves remaining in spec.--even with customers racing and riding the ever-living crap out of these bikes. :D Obviously this is good news for lots of Yammie 4t owners out there.

Ron

ive gone on like 10 or 11 long woods rides, and i ride my bike at least 30 min each day and my valves are fine on my honda :crazy:

I believe that is called lucky...

just checked mine @ 60 hrs. haven't moved and i did the first check at 10 hrs.

i love my bike.

my wife said i could sleep in the garage with it. if i love it more than her.

I do not have an hour meter, but I have sat down with a calculator and tried to keep close estimates, may be way off, if anything, I have more hours then I state...

Did my first valve check at 75 hours, all in-spec.

Ive run it around 25-30 more hours, and done nothing...still runs like brand new.

Thinking of selling it, but if I don't I plan on going around 150 before I put in a high comp piston.

ive gone on like 10 or 11 long woods rides, and i ride my bike at least 30 min each day and my valves are fine on my honda :D

its called denial:thumbsdn: :crazy:

I got a story for the reliability of the yamaha valve train. I pulled the top end on an 03 WR 450 today. This bike has over 350 hours on it. Valves were just a hair on the tight side for the intakes. This was caused by wear on the cam journal! The journal wore out before the valves. The buckets were also kind of tricky to get out, a couple of them were stuck by the worn journal<Middle valve> It's just funny to me because on the average I get to do CRF valves 3 to 4 times a week. I won't let my friends buy Honda.

ive gone on like 10 or 11 long woods rides, and i ride my bike at least 30 min each day and my valves are fine on my honda :D

Check it again when you get some time on it. :D

And when you check it and find out they need to be re-shimmed? sorry, its to late, your valves are already dished and re-shimming may last one ride. Time for a new set of valves and fresh seats cut!!!!!:crazy:

I got a story for the reliability of the yamaha valve train.
So do I; my own '03, still refuses to need its first valve adjustment. Never been apart (except for clearance checks). I don't even want to tell you how many hours it has on it. :crazy:

my 04 yz 250f has never had a vavle adjustment just a couplechecks and it still good, going to check the valves this weekend, my 06 yz450 has never need a valve adjustment yet. but i have like no hours on that bike ever since i got my 07 yz 250 :crazy: