HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akonibai

06 YZ450F Foot Rest Bolt

14 posts in this topic

yes because i need to buy a tool to remove it.

I tried using a Torx tool to remove it, but ended up breaking the bit. It's on there!...You may need to heat it as the Torx socket isn't strong enough to get it off.

T-50 or T-55, buy a good quality bit so you don't strip it. If it won't come out you can start it with a chisel.

T-50 or T-55, buy a good quality bit so you don't strip it. If it won't come out you can start it with a chisel.

hehehe, i'll buy craftsman tool and use an impact tool to remove it.

hehehe, i'll buy craftsman tool and use an impact tool to remove it.

Now I remember, I couldn't find my impact driver and that's why I had to use the chisel.

Put the torx bit in the bolt and smack it with a dead blow hammer to loosen the Loctite. Those suckers weren't put in to come out easy.

It's a number 50. Use a little heat, and an impact, if you can get one. It won't come out easily.

you might also try going to a auto parts store (I went to Schucks) and buy the kit that breaks stripped screws loose. You just put in the bit you need(it comes with a few) and pop it with a hammer. Works great for anything that is stripped out. I can go look in my garage for more info on it if you need.

It's a number 50. Use a little heat, and an impact, if you can get one. It won't come out easily.

Snap-On T-50, Lots of heat and a good Impact.