06 YZ450F Foot Rest Bolt

what's the size of this bolt? and is this called torx? the encircled one!!

foot_pegs_screw.jpg

Yes, it's a Torx fastener. Do you mean to ask what wrench size to use?

yes because i need to buy a tool to remove it.

yes because i need to buy a tool to remove it.

I tried using a Torx tool to remove it, but ended up breaking the bit. It's on there!...You may need to heat it as the Torx socket isn't strong enough to get it off.

what size did you use?

T-50 or T-55, buy a good quality bit so you don't strip it. If it won't come out you can start it with a chisel.

Your also going to need a impact driver!

T-50 or T-55, buy a good quality bit so you don't strip it. If it won't come out you can start it with a chisel.

hehehe, i'll buy craftsman tool and use an impact tool to remove it.

hehehe, i'll buy craftsman tool and use an impact tool to remove it.

Now I remember, I couldn't find my impact driver and that's why I had to use the chisel.

Put the torx bit in the bolt and smack it with a dead blow hammer to loosen the Loctite. Those suckers weren't put in to come out easy.

It's a number 50. Use a little heat, and an impact, if you can get one. It won't come out easily.

you might also try going to a auto parts store (I went to Schucks) and buy the kit that breaks stripped screws loose. You just put in the bit you need(it comes with a few) and pop it with a hammer. Works great for anything that is stripped out. I can go look in my garage for more info on it if you need.

It's a number 50. Use a little heat, and an impact, if you can get one. It won't come out easily.

Snap-On T-50, Lots of heat and a good Impact.

thank you guys.. that really helps a lot.