quietest muffler

I just bought a '99 yz400. It has a white bros e-series full system that is LOUD. I'd like to know which of the 98-02 mufflers is the quietest, stock or aftermarket? Is there a difference from a stock WR and YZ mufler? I'd imagine there is, but i've never seen them side by side. I just want the lowest DB possible cause it's gonna be my city bike. Thanks

I just replaced a YZ muffler with a new FMF Q2.

The YZ was very loud and the new Q2 is much quieter I love the new muffler.

The power difference is less than I thought. I notice a difference at full throttle high RPM. The low end power is great so close I can't tell if it is the same or better with the Q2.

I just bought a '99 yz400. It has a white bros e-series full system that is LOUD. I'd like to know which of the 98-02 mufflers is the quietest, stock or aftermarket? Is there a difference from a stock WR and YZ mufler? I'd imagine there is, but i've never seen them side by side. I just want the lowest DB possible cause it's gonna be my city bike. Thanks

I took the same system off my 02 WR for the same reason and put the stock unit back on. Without an insert it's a little loud but not too bad. The stock insert was too restrictive so I bought this one and it's right were I like it.

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/54

Does it have any horsepower though?

I'm also looking for a under 96db muffler and have the Ti Powercore, it really helped in the speed dept.

It is 97db with the quiet insert.

Can anybody compare the 2?

I heard that the q4 is quieter and gives more power than if you use a powercore w/ quiet core insert. Obviously, this means nothing to us guys that have 02 and older bikes.

Well I heard :crazy: that the TI powercore with quiet insert shows no discernable difference from an open TI powercore. A TI powercore flows significantly better than a Q4

I run a Ti Powercore and for the races throw in the quiet insert I can hardly tell the difference, but there seems to be a little less punch with it in.

The problem is with the quiet insert it is still over 96db.