HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
racerxx276

Enzo suspension mods to the 08?

36 posts in this topic

Anyone have enzo do their suspension on their 07-08 yet?

Wondering how it compares to stock, which feels great till it settles in...

Anyone have enzo do their suspension on their 07-08 yet?

Wondering how it compares to stock, which feels great till it settles in...

Matt has had it done to his 08 and reports its SWWWWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!! I took mine off today and ran it over to Enzo. I'll let ya know how it is after the race next weekend. With all the company's out there who do suspension, or claim to be suspension "guru's", Enzo has got to be the best. As Gray Racer would tell me, "Thats the biggest understatement I've ever heard" or something like that:bonk: Basicly everyone i know who uses them, from AMA pros to guys who race the vet class swear by Enzo.

I have enzo susp, on my 06 and 08 and The 08 is just unrealllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. I rode again today the damn bike goes where I want it and I do things on this bike I cant do on my 06. Todd you tell Jaq I said hello?

I'm 186 lbs with gear, stock spring rates have worked for me on my 07. Will be down to the LA area all next week for the world vet at glen helen , will call enzo to set up an appoitment mon or tues.. assuming the place hasn't burned down! Anyone know how close the fires are to glen helen?

I'm 186 lbs with gear, stock spring rates have worked for me on my 07. Will be down to the LA area all next week for the world vet at glen helen , will call enzo to set up an appoitment mon or tues.. assuming the place hasn't burned down! Anyone know how close the fires are to glen helen?

I raced the over the hill gang National at Glen Helen on Saturday. It was a nice day. Day 2 was cancelled on Sunday due to high winds and loss of power. I raced at Comp. Edge on Sunday and it was perfect. However, coming home down the hill past Glen helen, there were overturned big rigs on the 215 and 15 and some brush fires all around the area. Things should be back to normal by this weekend for Glen helen. As for Enzo being burnt down? Negative!!! I was there today.

I raced the over the hill gang National at Glen Helen on Saturday. It was a nice day. Day 2 was cancelled on Sunday due to high winds and loss of power. I raced at Comp. Edge on Sunday and it was perfect. However, coming home down the hill past Glen helen, there were overturned big rigs on the 215 and 15 and some brush fires all around the area. Things should be back to normal by this weekend for Glen helen. As for Enzo being burnt down? Negative!!! I was there today.

How nice was Comp Edge this weekend, the wind stayed calm and the track was prepped awesome and stay awesome all day.

Todds, what class did you run? I'm Vet B.

How nice was Comp Edge this weekend, the wind stayed calm and the track was prepped awesome and stay awesome all day.

Todds, what class did you run? I'm Vet B.

Thats faster than me. I'm an old fart. I run 2 classes. 43-49 amateur with vet x and 45 novice with the over the hill gang. Moving up since i got back into this a year ago after taking 25 years off to race streetbikes. Are you doing both the Vetx amatuer nationals and Xtreme prize giveaway series? I will be at cahuilla this Sunday! Perris the following! Look me up #924 06 and 08 Yz 450. My best lap time was a 2:30. at comp edge sunday. Those guys in your class are a good 10 -15 seconds faster. Whats your name?

Thats faster than me. I'm an old fart. I run 2 classes. 43-49 amateur with vet x and 45 novice with the over the hill gang. Moving up since i got back into this a year ago after taking 25 years off to race streetbikes. Are you doing both the Vetx amatuer nationals and Xtreme prize giveaway series? I will be at cahuilla this Sunday! Perris the following! Look me up #924 06 and 08 Yz 450. My best lap time was a 2:30. at comp edge sunday. Those guys in your class are a good 10 -15 seconds faster. Whats your name?

My best lap was a 2:16 but the winner turned a 2:11, I'll run the Xtreme series but might run a couple of the Amatuer nationals. My name is Ben West #33 08 YZ450F.

My best lap was a 2:16 but the winner turned a 2:11, I'll run the Xtreme series but might run a couple of the Amatuer nationals. My name is Ben West #33 08 YZ450F.

Like I said, faster than me. But i have a blast and thats all that counts. Nice to meet you Ben, i'll look you up at the next race.:crazy:

I have enzo susp, on my 06 and 08 and The 08 is just unrealllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. I rode again today the damn bike goes where I want it and I do things on this bike I cant do on my 06. Todd you tell Jaq I said hello?

Is the 08 really that much better than the 06? Is the turning the biggest improvement that you notice - hopefully?

It really is supposed to turn better than the 07 which was better than the 06. I think if you get the suspension dialed in it will be very good. You can't beat the longevity of the yamaha motor and it sounds like they are very easy to ride once again. After a lot of debate I'm picking up an 08 YZ450 next week and I'll let you know how it is stock and also revavled eventually. Good luck with your choice Rick and let me know.

Like I said, faster than me. But i have a blast and thats all that counts. Nice to meet you Ben, i'll look you up at the next race.:crazy:

Maybe someone can let me try their 08 YZ 450? :D I ride Cahauilla quite a bit. :applause:

Maybe someone can let me try their 08 YZ 450? :crazy: I ride Cahauilla quite a bit. :D

Vet X race at cahuilla this Sunday. The suspension on my 08 is at Enzo right now. I'll be racing my 06 there Sunday. However, I believe i am doing another race at Cahuilla in 2 weeks. Your welcome to try my 08.....or.? My 06 is for sale.

Vet X race at cahuilla this Sunday. The suspension on my 08 is at Enzo right now. I'll be racing my 06 there Sunday. However, I believe i am doing another race at Cahuilla in 2 weeks. Your welcome to try my 08.....or.? My 06 is for sale.

I'll look for ya, 924!:crazy::D

I have Enzo on my 06 and I believe that it is perfect. I am looking to get the Enzo Subtank system. CHaaaaChing!

Is the 08 really that much better than the 06? Is the turning the biggest improvement that you notice - hopefully?

by far its hard to make the front end brake traction, and the bike just goes where you point it. Its stupid how good this bike handles.

I'm glad to hear that it's that much better for you Matt. I'm picking up my blue 08 YZ450 next week and can't wait to get it. Did enzo slow down the rebound? Did the suspension work improve the cornering drasticly? I plan on getting the suspension done but just wondered how good it was before and what changed handling wise afterward.

I'll look for ya, 924!:worthy: :worthy:

Vet X race CANCELLED this Sunday at Cahuilla!!!!! Next Sunday at RACETOWN 395. The following Sunday at Perris.