TTR 225 Electric Start Problems?

I recently purchased a 2001 TTR 225, with an Electric Start. I've heard that the start up switches tend to have problems, i was wondering if this is true and if so, what i can do to prevent this. If anyone has information, please respond to this post, i really don't want to be stuck up a trail, and have to push my bike back down. Also, if anyone has any info on whether i can put a kickstart on it, please tell me. thank you.

I don't have a ttr225 but my dad does, and he has never had trouble with it, and we have had them for about a year now. You cannot put a kickstart on it because it runs with electric wires and stuff.-Yamaha_racerx

Well, actually, you can buy a kickstar kit at any yamaha shop, they run around $150, to $100. I picked one up just incase, it comes with everything you need. P.S. My switch died on me last week when i was at home, so warn your dad, and go out and get kickstart kick, or go to www.yamaha-motor.com, look under ttr 225, performance, or accessories, and it should be there as well.

I don't have a ttr225 but my dad does, and he has never had trouble with it, and we have had them for about a year now. You cannot put a kickstart on it because it runs with electric wires and stuff.-Yamaha_racerx

As seen in this thread yes not only can you put a kickstart on it, but one is sold for this bike as an option.