HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tornado

Anybody knows a good sleek tail light that will fit the YZ rear fender?

9 posts in this topic

Can anybody recommend a sleek looking tail light that will fit the yz rear fender and minimise the flapping?

I have had great success with the Acerbis on my WR400. You may want to look at the Acerbis rear fender brace as well.

On another note I am currently running on my WR250 a one piece unit from UFO. Its a YZ fender with the tail light included. Also works great

and has plenty of room for license plate. :)

:) Acerbis do a neat range of add on Lights incorporating a mudguard extender, it just bolts under the back of the "Fender" and gives you a rear light and a small extra mud guard, complete with wiring, etc :D

Acerbis sells two styles of under the fender tail light assemblies. Here is mine. There is a fender extention that comes with this setup which can be removed if you so desire. That will lessen the amount of swing in the unit. Acerbis does sell a stiffener brace but it is rather spendy for a peice of nylon. My solution was to double up the rear fender with another fender. No more flex and still looks sleek.

fershyacerbisrear.jpgacerbis2.jpg

here's a picture of the ufo tailight w\lic.plate holder.its sleek and smaller than most of other taillight setups.sorry i dont have a closer picture.snowman.jpg?bc5cg78AA.EqiaOF

freestyle111

I know you said that your fender is a UFO but do you happen to know the model number. Looking in a cataloge there are two licence plate holders, a universal mount, that is special for KTM and one that bolts underneath. I can see that your mount underneath but the light looks different than what is in my cataloge. Thanks for clearing this up.

Angel Boy

i ordered it from dennis kirk $37.99[uFO enduro rearfender w/light fits yz 98-00]part#61-3587[white] or part#61-3588[blue] __hr_WR.jpg?bc_bL98ANXdxgFX7

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]