Electric Output Stator for 06-07 YZ450F - UPDATE

did yours bolt right in? mine was an early unit and I had to unsolder all the wiring and parts, take them off the Electrosport backing plate (which was machined incorrectly) mount them on the stock backing plate, then resolder everything - major hassle!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It bolted right in.....I need to get lights but I checked it with a turnsignal I had around And everything seems good...I just need lights and a regulator now...Where did u get your regulator at????

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Moose stator came in today!

It looks suspiciously VERY much like my Electrosport stator, leading me to believe they are actually made by the same chinese company. At least this one bolts right on to the ignition cover and I won't have to mod it like I did my original Electrosport stator.

So they improved something, at least. You know that virtually everything from Moose is re-branded/repackaged from someone they buy it from, right?

I really wish there were some reasonably easy way to upgrade the output of a YZ450, but when the flywheel is smaller than the gas cap, I don't think there's much way to squeeze more than 50 something out. Hopefully, this rendition of the Moose will work better for you.

to be fair to electrosport, when I got the first stator from them last year, they told me there was a manufacturing screw up on the backing plate - they were getting ready to send them all back to China and have them re-done. I said I didn't want to wait that long and that I would transfer all the electrics from the new stator to the stock backing plate. So I knew what I was getting into. Apparently they're back from china and all fixed now.

I now have just what I wanted - a spare unit ready to go if my original craps out. I bought a brand new ignition cover from the dealer and I'm gonna mount the Moose stator in it so it's all ready to go for a quick replacement if needed.

Gray - with the limited space/size, it's hard to fathom any more watts out of this system as is. Maybe if Trail Tech made a flywheel with heavy duty magnets it would bump the wattage to 65-70, but so far they have no plans. We can still swap in the 07 WR crank to run the WR stator, but that's just too much work and money for me right now!

Getting my bike inspected tomorrow - license plate here we come!

Gray - with the limited space/size, it's hard to fathom any more watts out of this system as is. Maybe if Trail Tech made a flywheel with heavy duty magnets it would bump the wattage to 65-70, but so far they have no plans. We can still swap in the 07 WR crank to run the WR stator, but that's just too much work and money for me right now!

Yeah, any oversized flywheel would require a larger capacity cover just to clear it, and then there's the fact that the stator bolts into the cover.:confused:

The 426 guys have it much easier.

Dear swatdoc since you are the one and only actualy completed the stator change and light system instalation. Could you please make a full tutorial as to what to do?, what to buy? and how to install?, and if possible add some pictures to ilustrate for us ?

Thanks for your answer and support.

MrPink

• 9 months later...
still no word on Moose - when it comes in it comes in. I would contact Lake and Trail and have them rewind your stock stator - that's gonna be the quickest way right now.

Does anyone have contact info for Lake and Trail? I did a google search and can't find anything.

Thanks for any help.