Electric Output Stator for 06-07 YZ450F - UPDATE

It sort of depends on how bad you want it. The Trailtech WR stator puts out over 100 watts of DC at idle. That's at least 3 times the energy of a rewound YZ stator.

To me, it's not worth all the extra hassle and expense to go with the WR stuff. 50 watts is fine to run a 35 watt headlight and a 1 watt LED brake/taillight. Anything else like turn signals (LED) and a horn can be run from a very small battery.

It sort of depends on how bad you want it. The Trailtech WR stator puts out over 100 watts of DC at idle. That's at least 3 times the energy of a rewound YZ stator.

just too bad they don't have stator for yz450 dirt bike..

swatdoc::: any updates with the stator that you order?

According to the dealer I ordered from, they won't be at the distibuters until the 26th of this month. So mine probably won't actually get here till the first part of November. I can let you guys know how it looks then.

According to the dealer I ordered from, they won't be at the distibuters until the 26th of this month. So mine probably won't actually get here till the first part of November. I can let you guys know how it looks then.

thanks.. how much you paid for that?

i think my price was gonna be about 170 or around there

just wondering it this will fit on our 06 450f
It says:
It was on my 03 450
...so, the answer is no, it will not.

Ive built a YZ 2006 with the Lake and Trail set up. Ran a regulator in line and a UFO 35W headlight. At idle the stator puts out about 15W, at 6K rpm about 30W, at 9K about 38W. Must run the reg or you will pop the 35W bulbs.

Results are: mediocre light at high speed, flashlight amounts of light at trail speed/lower RPM.

It will get you a functioning headlight for enduro/street purpose. The fluctuating light and low output are USELESS for offroad night riding.

You want serious light, install a WR crank and trail tech WR light kit. Yes its expensive....maybe you shoulda bought a WR and yanked the Estart?

Also check out niterider.com for bad ass HID helmet lights and bar mounted battery powered HId's. Cool stuff.

Ive built a YZ 2006 with the Lake and Trail set up. Ran a regulator in line and a UFO 35W headlight. At idle the stator puts out about 15W, at 6K rpm about 30W, at 9K about 38W. Must run the reg or you will pop the 35W bulbs.

Results are: mediocre light at high speed, flashlight amounts of light at trail speed/lower RPM.

It will get you a functioning headlight for enduro/street purpose. The fluctuating light and low output are USELESS for offroad night riding.

You want serious light, install a WR crank and trail tech WR light kit. Yes its expensive....maybe you shoulda bought a WR and yanked the Estart?

Also check out niterider.com for bad ass HID helmet lights and bar mounted battery powered HId's. Cool stuff.

is your bike 06 yz250f?

You want serious light, install a WR crank and trail tech WR light kit. Yes its expensive....

As long as you mentioned that, here's the part numbers of the major components required. At a discount such as you can get through Thumper Talk OEM, these parts can be had for right at $600. You'll need more little stuff, like the crank nut and mounting screws, and you'll need to do something with the hole in the cover where the starter goes.

Using the TrailTech stator only adds $10-15 dollars, and you don't need a core to turn in.

CRANKSHAFT ASSY 5TJ-11400-20-00

STATOR ASSY 5TJ-81410-40-00

ROTOR ASSY 5TJ-81450-30-00

COVER, CRANKCASE 1 5TJ-15411-20-00

COVER ASSY 2 5TJ-1549B-10-00 (or cut/weld cover 1)

You can knock about $135 off of the total by using the left crank half of the WR on your current crank, but then there will be the press work:

CRANK 1 5TJ-11412-20-00

is your bike 06 yz250f?

No it was an 06 YZ450

No it was an 06 YZ450

that's cool.. where did you buy your stator?

He said Lake and Trail - the place I mentioned in the first post of this thread. They re-wind the stock stator.

what's their website address?

what's their website address?

Lake and Trail Motorsports

7387 Dyke Rd

Clay, MI 48001 map

district: Clay

Tel. +1 586.725.5848

I think this is current?

thanks.. i'll check it and call them

ok im thinking of getting the moose racing kit for my 06 yz450 and im wondering when i do this will the bike loose any power from replacing the stator,

also now when i put in this stator in how do i wire the lights to the front and back? do i wire it rite from the stator or what im a little confused on how to wire this thing up?

thanks a lot guys:thumbsup: :crazy:

you won't lose any power. they add a totally different circuit in.

there will be 2 new wires coming out of your ignition cover. wire in a voltage regulator in parallel to keep voltage at 12V. my Electrosport stator came with a very simple schematic. I assume the Moose one will also. It is VERY BASIC wiring setup - very easy, like grade school level. Whatever setup you get I can email you the picture/schematic