DR.D pipe on 2008 yz450f

Help........ Just put on my new DR.D stainless full system. Per Dubach Racing, I changed the main jet to a 162 and dropped the clip to the 4th position. It is now backfiring a little bit on decelleration, and it is shooting out flames when I hold it at about quarter throttle in neutral. Air leak??? Is there supposed to be a clamp on the header and tail connection. It did not come with one, and the stock one does not work. Also, the header pipe was glowing so bright, you could have lit a cigar. Is this normal. Any suggestions? Running it at sea level.

Help........ Just put on my new DR.D stainless full system. Per Dubach Racing, I changed the main jet to a 162 and dropped the clip to the 4th position. It is now backfiring a little bit on decelleration, and it is shooting out flames when I hold it at about quarter throttle in neutral. Air leak??? Is there supposed to be a clamp on the header and tail connection. It did not come with one, and the stock one does not work. Also, the header pipe was glowing so bright, you could have lit a cigar. Is this normal. Any suggestions? Running it at sea level.

Same exact thing happened to me last weekend. Spoke with Dr. D and they suggest going up on the pilot. I'll be trying it tomorrow. The bike is supposed to backfire some, but as in your case mine was excessive. You can try going out on your fuel screw, but if you get too far beyond 2 1/2 turns go up on the pilot. There are a ton of threads on here with great info on proper jet set-up, so check them as well.

... it is shooting out flames when I hold it at about quarter throttle in neutral.
The pilot jet is too lean
Is there supposed to be a clamp on the header and tail connection.
No clamp.

The glowing header is semi normal, but is being exaggerated by the lean pilot?

I had one of the first 08s in SoCal with the Dr.D pipe and I follow their instructions, 162 main and 4th clip position. Had a lot of backfiring on decel. I ended up going back to stock on the main and clip but I change the pilot to a 48, air/fuel screw is about 1 3/4-2 turns out.

Hope this helps.

I changed mine also but changed back to stock I like it better at stock and of course keep my fuel screw Adjusted:ride:

Alright guys, I haven't been very happy with the jetting on my bike with the DR.D. I met with Dean with R & D power bowl and he got my bike running great. I did get a power bowl and man that makes the bike so crisp.

Here are the specs

R & D Power Bowl

main jet 165

pilot jet 52

air/fuel screw 2 turns out

Alright guys, I haven't been very happy with the jetting on my bike with the DR.D. I met with Dean with R & D power bowl and he got my bike running great. I did get a power bowl and man that makes the bike so crisp.

Here are the specs

R & D Power Bowl

main jet 165

pilot jet 52

air/fuel screw 2 turns out

52 pilot????????????? Wow. thats pretty big. How does the bike start when you stall it when its good and hot?? Where are you running the leak jet screw at on the power bowl?

52 pilot????????????? Wow. thats pretty big. How does the bike start when you stall it when its good and hot?? Where are you running the leak jet screw at on the power bowl?

I couldn't believe I need a 52 either, but it works. I'm not sure about the leak jet screw, Dean set that up.

The bike starts so much easier, so much in fact my buddies in the pits noticed it.

I couldn't believe I need a 52 either, but it works. I'm not sure about the leak jet screw, Dean set that up.

The bike starts so much easier, so much in fact my buddies in the pits noticed it.

Wow thats amazing. Are you going to be at I-5 Gorman in two weeks? I'll make sure to check you out then!!!! Went and practiced at Perris today. Dubach was there tearing it up. Sure didn't look like his 08 was hurting for power!!!

I might go to Gorman but that is a really long drive for me.

I also heard about Dubach @ Perris, that guy still rips.

I might go to Gorman but that is a really long drive for me.

I also heard about Dubach @ Perris, that guy still rips.

Hell yes he does. Vet x is at Racetown this weekend. Then Perris the next then I-5 Gorman. Races for the next 3 straight weeks.

I'm up to a 48 with the DR. D on an 08 and it sure seems like it needs a 50 or better. I'm confused because the mags saisd it was killer with the stock jetting. Even before I put the pipe on it it seemed like it needed a larger pilot.

I'm up to a 48 with the DR. D on an 08 and it sure seems like it needs a 50 or better. I'm confused because the mags saisd it was killer with the stock jetting. Even before I put the pipe on it it seemed like it needed a larger pilot.

agreed they all need a larger pj.....

I'm not sure it the powerbowl has anything to do with the 52 pilot jet but it works.

First, he thought is was rich and tried a 42, much worse.

Second, tried a 48 and was better but not great.

Third, was the 52, what a difference!

The bike rips now with the 52, and powerbowl.

i put mine on my 08 450 with no problem runs perfect with stock jetting

i put mine on my 08 450 with no problem runs perfect with stock jetting

MIne too. I pulled 2 holeshots this weekend on it.

The largest pilot jet I have seen on any of the 450's 06- 08, is a 50. That was an 06 with a pro circuit pipe. I dont know if the powerbowl has anything to do with it- I dont see how it could. If it runs great i guess thats all that matters right. The only thing i'm very curious about is how your bike starts when its good and hot, like if you stall it during a race. I know when i used a 48 my 06 wouldn't start very well when hot.

The largest pilot jet I have seen on any of the 450's 06- 08, is a 50. That was an 06 with a pro circuit pipe. I dont know if the powerbowl has anything to do with it- I dont see how it could. If it runs great i guess thats all that matters right. The only thing i'm very curious about is how your bike starts when its good and hot, like if you stall it during a race. I know when i used a 48 my 06 wouldn't start very well when hot.

first or second kick everytime hot or cold:thumbsup: :worthy:

first or second kick everytime hot or cold:thumbsup: :worthy:

917, your talking about your bike with a DR D and stock jetting? My 08 is almost perfect with the stock jetting. Pro circuit Ti-4 pipe. I only bumped the main 1 size and put the fuel screw at 2 1/4

917, your talking about your bike with a DR D and stock jetting? My 08 is almost perfect with the stock jetting. Pro circuit Ti-4 pipe. I only bumped the main 1 size and put the fuel screw at 2 1/4

Todds, your welcome to try my bike at the next Vet-X race, with the powerbowl its like a different bike!