Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
revo15

please help me with my 2008 yzf 450 question thanks guys

4 posts in this topic

i have a 2008 yzf 450 i changed the oil for the first time and i put a stailess oil fiter in. theres my question does the open end go towards the cover of the oil filter? i am 99 pecent shure thats how it goes but just like to make sure. also what kind of oil and weigt do you guys run in the 450 .

i have a 2008 yzf 450 i changed the oil for the first time and i put a stailess oil fiter in. theres my question does the open end go towards the cover of the oil filter? i am 99 pecent shure thats how it goes but just like to make sure. also what kind of oil and weigt do you guys run in the 450 .

There is only one way the oil filter fits in. I'm pretty sure the open end is out.

Actually, if using a Ready filter (a low cost copycat of a Scotts ) with a Ready Racing cover, you can put it in backwards because they left out the stub that prevents people from doing that. The open end should be out, toward the cover.

I use Amsoil MCF 10w-40. Oil weights and requirements are listed in section 2 and 3 of the manual.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2685432#post2685432