Best radiator guards???

Been running Flatland guards on my WR for 3yrs. I've had 3 major collision 2 head on, 1 side impact. In all cases I'm positive my rad would have been destroyed. Instead I kept riding and bent the guard back into shape when I got home.

All the guards look good and will serve their purpose, most important thing is to get some guards!

One more vote for Flatland. Put mine on when the bike was new and have never had a problem.

IMHO, Devol guards are crap. I ride some extremely difficult single track in the Sierra's and down in Baja, so unfortunately, my bike hits the ground from time to time. When I first got the bike, I bought Devol guards. They bend extremely easily when landing on rock. My right side radiator was slightly bent from a low speed crash on a steep grade, off camber, on/off loose dirt/large rocks and the bike directly hit a large rock on the side of the guard/radiator. I took off the Devol guards and replaced them with the Unibiker guards. The Unibiker guards are 10x better! With the Devol guards on the bike, you can 'push and move' the radiator, but with the Unibiker guards on there, you cannot move them. The Unibiker guards should be your only choice, no matter what type of riding you do.:crazy:

I have not seen the Uni's. I just installed the Flatlands on my WR400 and worked great. Yes, I tested them last weekend. KJR

i like my moose racing guards. 4mm thick. after bending my radiator and fracturing it, i decided to get some protection too for them. great investment for the bike.

As I previously posted my vote for Flatlands. I just got in my new set of Flatland guards for my rads as well as my bash plate for my new KTM. They are made really well and fit nice.

I have not seen the Uni's. I just installed the Flatlands on my WR400 and worked great. Yes, I tested them last weekend. KJR

http://www.unabiker.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

I agree. I have them on my 02 426. Great fit, protection and they even act as a heatsink. You can get them on the TT store and save some $$

http://www.unabiker.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

How do they reduce heat? If its because they are made out of aluminium wouldn't flatland do that too?

I'm shopping for guards as well, seems like both uni and flatlands are good products. My main concern is the extra heat W/O the plastic air flow thingys as I read somewhere on here that those things can actually drop the engine temp by 10 degrees. :banghead:

I made an impulse buy before doing any research at cycle gear and picked up some WC braces..Those are so going back to the store...:busted:

I saw these on a friend's KTM 450exc recently.

They looked very very stout. and I think the price reflects that. I was impressed by their strudyness.

They are alot of $$$ but I think the Unibikers are not super cheap.

http://www.bulletproofdesigns.com/Yamaha.htm

Who is going to get some and report back?

I have unabiker's on my WR and I highly recommend them. Trust me I "use" them frequently and the really hold up. The terrain here is harsh and they have always saved me. Also, I am going to put an oversized tand on my bike(IMS) and they make a special bracket for install. One of my mottos is, if you're not falling down you're not trying hard enough....and no one tries as hard as I do.

Pretty much every one I ride with has the Bullit Proof guards.. At the last GNCC Randy Hawkins had them on his WR 450f. Jimmy Lewis has a write up in his mag this month about them too.

:eek::p:applause:UNABIKER :ride::p:prof:

They're worth every penny and every curse word you scream while installing them. After your first crash you'll wonder why they weren't installed OEM.

I beg to differ, I picked your post simply because it was the last before I hit the reply button. Not a personal attack, but I am going to give my personal opinion of the Unabiker guards and braces.

I have them installed on my 02 WR426, I have tested them twice and they failed both times. Both times were very slow drops of the bike in rocky terrain, and both times the radiator was bent back far enough to rub on the fuel tank at the top. This is my knock on performance for the Unabikers. To begin with they did not fit properly since day one. I had to drill out the mounting holes so that they would line up with almost every location. Second, I had to grind out the edge of the right side so that I could access the spark plug without removing the braces completely. When I recieved the guards and braces I was able to easily bend the braces with my bare hands, they are very soft and I was sceptical from the start about them. After reading all of the great feedback on the Unabikers here on TT, I was very much let down. I am currently in the market for a much heavier duty guard and brace, but I am first going to have to send my rads off to Mylers. This is my story, I hope it helps someone.

Josh

:ride:;):pUNABIKER :rant::mad::lol:

They're worth every penny and every curse word you scream while installing them. After your first crash you'll wonder why they weren't installed OEM.

Said it before and I will say it again Unabikers are crap. Fold like tinfoil. I have had some Devol stuff in the past and it was pretty good. Right now I am running Enduro Engineering rad gaurds and they are great. Strong, easy to install (even with my Fluidines) and no cooling restrictions. I am sure I will hear some flack but don't wast your money on Unibikers.

Fox

OK..... I havent used any of the other brands so i cant tell you which is better.... but, i just got done installing some DEVOLS and they are strong, dont restrict (much) airflow and installed easily. havent had a chance to really put them through their paces yet.... let ya know in a few days.

I can vouch for the Force guards. I've had them on for 12 months and they have saved the radiators more times than I can remember.

Last week I emailed Force to ask if I could buy a replacement guard for the left hand side as with so many crashes it was looking a bit sad. They sent me a complete set free of charge as they wanted the old ones back for R&D. Hows that for customer service.

With the Aussie dollar beeing so low to the USD they are great buying for you guys in the US currently around $100USD a pair.

th_P1000273.jpg th_P1000274.jpg

I can vouch for the Force guards. I've had them on for 12 months and they have saved the radiators more times than I can remember.

Last week I emailed Force to ask if I could buy a replacement guard for the left hand side as with so many crashes it was looking a bit sad. They sent me a complete set free of charge as they wanted the old ones back for R&D. Hows that for customer service.

With the Aussie dollar beeing so low to the USD they are great buying for you guys in the US currently around $100USD a pair.

th_P1000273.jpg th_P1000274.jpg

I agree, they have a great product. Every other company should

be so lucky to compare their model to Force. JMHO:smirk: