Got my WR street legal!!!!!!!!!

All i have to say is THANK GOD I LIVE IN AZ!!!!! I went to the DMV, filled out a form that says I have the proper equipment, and out I walk with a plate and a real MC title. You gotta love it. $8 a month for insurance, and I'm set... :crazy::D:applause::bonk:B)B)B)B)

I hate you! :D

Not really I'm just jealous. Good for you! :crazy:

Very nice! So what is the "proper equipment" for Arizona?

All you "need" is a heaslight, taillight, brakelight, horn, and mirror... I only have the first three!

I think your not telling the whole story.....you did not tell us about the gun you were pointing at the people that work for the dmv . there is no way to get they to move around here , less the fear of instant death.

I think your not telling the whole story.....you did not tell us about the gun you were pointing at the people that work for the dmv . there is no way to get they to move around here , less the fear of instand death.

HAHA... I know! In other states I hear its bad... took me maybe 10 minutes.... no questions asked, no inspection, nothing... Alomost too good to be true. I guess they are pushing for more MC's because they are so efficient and low emission vehicles. I dont even have to go through emissions, all MC's are excempt here.... I bet I could register a 2 smoke!

It must be nice .I've been waiting for my plate for a month now. I'm thinking I'm just going to start riding it illegal . how illegal is it if you already payed for everything ? mine I took and had it inspected . that inspection cost me 125 itself .. the dmv taxes and tag fees were almost 600 . not to mention all the stuff I had to put on led turns, brake lights, horn, high low switch with high idacator . and street rubber and still can't ride it oh and I forgot 237 a year for insurance ......So if you were me would you just ride it on the roads ? I think I've payed and waited enough.

Honeslty, its not worth the tickets WHEN you get caught. If its that much trouble, you should just buy a street legal bike IMHO... But nothing beats the feeling of legaly riding a competition ready MX bike on the street!

I think with all that is done to the bike at this point ,the fines would only be like 125 bucks . if I don't ride it soon it will be snowing here. then I'll have to wait more. I've had this thing for 3 months now... I'm tired of waiting for a lousy tin plate . I knew when I bought this bike it would take some time , but that was late june . summer is gone ,and winter is coming soon

AZ is a push over. Heck I don't even think blinkers are required.

AZ is a push over. Heck I don't even think blinkers are required.

They're not...hehe :crazy:

HAHA... I guess they are pushing for more MC's because they are so efficient and low emission vehicles.

You are kidding, right? Your modern car pollutes far less than your WR. Don't kid your self.

Maybe my wr, but not motorcycles in general..... who are YOU kidding???

Maybe my wr, but not motorcycles in general..... who are YOU kidding???

Not you apparently. Bikes are currently held to far lower emission standards than cars. They are, however, catching up. The new crop of street bikes with cat converters, fuel injection, steel tanks, charcoal cannisters etc., are closing the gap, but are not quite there yet.

It's simple math... how does a gas guzzling chevy 3500 HD produce lower emissions than a tiny inline four cylinder bike. It doesnt make sense... and until you have proof I will firmly disagree on the basis of common sense alone!

Oh and fuel injection in bikes has been around for nearly a decade... it's not a feature of just the "new crop"...

All i have to say is THANK GOD I LIVE IN AZ!!!!! I went to the DMV, filled out a form that says I have the proper equipment, and out I walk with a plate and a real MC title. You gotta love it. $8 a month for insurance, and I'm set... :crazy::D:applause::bonk:B)B)B)B)

Good for you!! YAY!!!!

I did the same thing in Maryland. My dealer titled it as a dual sport so there was no problem when I went to the DMV. :lol:

Oh and fuel injection in bikes has been around for nearly a decade... it's not a feature of just the "new crop"...

You are grasping for straws - take that sentence in its totality and these features have only started appearing on bikes in order to rein in the relatively gross emissions of bikes compared to cars.

The only way a motorcycle (with current US emission standards) makes less emissions than a new car, is on a per mile traveled basis - and this is for a road legal small displacement bike, on account of it's superior fuel ECONOMY. Even then, the larger displacement bikes (1000 cc and up - like we seem to enjoy here) will not emit less than a new car on a mile to mile basis (they are close though). On a gallon to gallon basis, there is no comparision between your average bike and a new car - the bike is a gross polluter in comparision.

In Europe with their much stricter Euro 1 and Euro 2 emissions standards, the gap between cars and bikes is fast closing.....and similar standards will soon be imposed here.

On competition off-road models (as your original statement alluded to), don't kid yourself!

And let's be honest here; how long can you stand 2 feet away from your idling WR before you start feeling nauseous? You could do the same thing behind your car and probably not even know it was running!

Must be a big deal for you guys, huh? :crazy:

At least us Aussies have one thing over you guys, ours come street legal off the show room floor! :D

It must be nice .I've been waiting for my plate for a month now. I'm thinking I'm just going to start riding it illegal . how illegal is it if you already payed for everything ? mine I took and had it inspected . that inspection cost me 125 itself .. the dmv taxes and tag fees were almost 600 . not to mention all the stuff I had to put on led turns, brake lights, horn, high low switch with high idacator . and street rubber and still can't ride it oh and I forgot 237 a year for insurance ......So if you were me would you just ride it on the roads ? I think I've payed and waited enough.

That my friend is why i will never move back to Pa. EVER!

Montana is as easy as Arizona. I only have headlight and brake light. I was mistaken for somebody who was riding their bike in a county park and stopped. I had no licenses endorsement and no mirror and was let go! Not a word on the proper equipment. Permanent registration for $45.00. I love this state. It's as easy to register your atv! I see quads riding every where around town!