Another 08 exhaust question

I couldn't seem to find a clear answer on this. This is my first 4t and I love it so far. My question is, I have to have a spark arrestor that meets 96 db for the series I race in. That being said, I ordered the fmf Q muffler for the 06/07, supposed to be here today, and I am leaving in the morning to go racing. Now my question, am I going to run into an issue with fitment to the stock header? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Which FMF Q?

The Q4 should fit as FMF site says '06 - '08.

I know you've already ordered a Q, and the Q is probably less expensive, but as long as the subject of sparkys and noise is up, know that the Dr.D Stainless full system is available with a USFS spark arrestor (has to be ordered with it; you can remove it easily, but it won't fit a non-sparky pipe) AND a quiet insert. With the insert and a fresh packing job, DRD says it will pass at 94db. That gives you a quiet pipe and a race pipe and options all for the trouble of removing 3 screws.

Yeah I just found that as well. Thanks for the reply. I assume thats the one I am getting. I just called my parts guy and told him to get me a sparky, then he asked me stainless or ti, so I assume its the q 4.

Thanks again.

I know you've already ordered a Q, and the Q is probably less expensive, but as long as the subject of sparkys and noise is up, know that the Dr.D Stainless full system is available with a USFS spark arrestor (has to be ordered with it; you can remove it easily, but it won't fit a non-sparky pipe) AND a quiet insert. With the insert and a fresh packing job, DRD says it will pass at 94db. That gives you a quiet pipe and a race pipe and options all for the trouble of removing 3 screws.

I appreciate the reply gray. I have already ordered the fmf, and I more concerned with noise and sparky, as the performance of the bike is good for me at the moment. I suspect the fmf q should perform better than the stock can anyhow. I will always ride with the sparky, as I ride in alot of forest service areas, and they are starting to cite people for ignoring the laws. I would much rather follow some rules and do my part to keep riding areas open.

Thanks again:thumbsup: