Mounted an 07 light to my 06

With just a little work I mounted an 07 headlight to my 06. It bolts on to the upper clamp no problem. But I had to make some tabs for the lower mount, I did this by drilling two holes in the factory mount, installed two screws secrued with nuts on the other side, then slide some vaccum line over them to make a nice smooth and tight fit. Here are some pics...

The stock lower mount drilled and screws added

i-1.jpg

The underside showing the screws I used to mount as flush as plate as I could get.

j-1.jpg

Vaccum line over screws

k.jpg

And this is why it had to be done...

l-1.jpg

Plate re-installed to bike

b.jpg

Headligh mounted on new mounts on bike

d-1.jpg

c-1.jpg

DSCF0005-5.jpg

DSCF0004-5.jpg

DSCF0003-8.jpg

The 07 has a different plug then the 07, I simply cut the plug off and soldered up some blade style connectors to make the connection with the H4 plug I have on the 06.

I mainly did this simply because I like the look of the 07 light, I know I know, it's just a dirt bike lol. But I'm pleased with how it turned out.

:crazy: Cool

I agree the 07' headlight makes the 06' look way more modern.

Good Job, excellent photos and post:thumbsup:

Very nice work. I took my light off a long time ago and eBayed it, but if I ever decide to go back, I'll use yours as an example :crazy:...SC

That looks pretty f'ing sweet :crazy:

Now you can clean up that engine area by ripping off the AIS

That thing looks SWEET with the new light!! that 06 is in EXCELLENT shape,do you ride it? Oh and its not JUST a dirtbike its a way of life,its a reason to get up in the morning and LIVE LIFE!!!!!!

Looking good! Hope you don't mind but I'm gonna have to follow in your footsteps.

Nice. I'm going to do that to my 99 400. How much did the headlight assembly cost? Thanks.

Now just mount the rest of it all onto an aluminum frame and your set!

With just a little work I mounted an 07 headlight to my 06. It bolts on to the upper clamp no problem. But I had to make some tabs for the lower mount, I did this by drilling two holes in the factory mount, installed two screws secrued with nuts on the other side, then slide some vaccum line over them to make a nice smooth and tight fit. Here are some pics...

The stock lower mount drilled and screws added

i-1.jpg

The underside showing the screws I used to mount as flush as plate as I could get.

j-1.jpg

Vaccum line over screws

k.jpg

And this is why it had to be done...

l-1.jpg

Plate re-installed to bike

b.jpg

Headligh mounted on new mounts on bike

d-1.jpg

c-1.jpg

DSCF0005-5.jpg

DSCF0004-5.jpg

DSCF0003-8.jpg

The 07 has a different plug then the 07, I simply cut the plug off and soldered up some blade style connectors to make the connection with the H4 plug I have on the 06.

I mainly did this simply because I like the look of the 07 light, I know I know, it's just a dirt bike lol. But I'm pleased with how it turned out.

wow!:thumbsup: cool bro, noticed also your rear fender is that "07 too?

Thanks

The rear fender is from an 05 YZF (last year with the steel frame before they went to aluminum), direct bolt on.

O7 light on O6 WR:

39.jpg

Rosta WR

www.rsracing.cz

Price wise, I am at 150 bucks for the 07 light. That includes the light assembly and bulb, the plastic housing, white decal, and harware.

so I had some idiot on a honda smash into me on the trail at the end of last year. broke my 06 head light and buggered up the shroud. so one of my winter projects was to replace all this. so i see this thread and thought what the hell. took your ideas and this is how it turned out.

<a  href=headlightvb9.th.jpg' alt='headlightvb9.t

Wow, I didn't think it would make the wheel fall off :banghead:

ya, the new head light made it so much faster the thing wont stay on :banghead:,

Great info, I just ordered an 07 light for my 06 bike too, do you have a pic of the connector on the 07 light? and what kind of bulb does it take? And is it dual beam? I know it's lower wattage then mine but i need high/low for street legal. Also did you have to cut off the lower tab that the 06 shroud scrweed into? or did it stick out? just curious as it would be easy to switch back in case of a broken light or something temporarily?

Looking good! Hope you don't mind but I'm gonna have to follow in your footsteps.

Im gonna do the same.. that looks so much better then my YAMAHA DT style headlight

Here is a pic of mine, 08 headlight on my 06 and a yz rear fender

Motorbike004-1.jpg

Here is a pic of mine, 08 headlight on my 06 and a yz rear fender

Motorbike004-1.jpg

nice truck. :excuseme:

Thanks, it's a 2002 2500 series(3/4 ton) Avalanche with a 496 big block :excuseme: it's great for towing my yammies around with.