HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Family Man

Is one tooth size noticable on the rear. 2007 yz450f

22 posts in this topic

Im thinking about going to a 50 tooth for more snap or should I go bigger like a 52.:crazy:

the 50T is noticable and still managable. Even with a 50T sproket you will be shifting more on the track. Not a ton more, but it will rev out quicker. With a 52T you are gonna be shifting all the time. But the tourqe will be phenominal

A 50 tooth is all you need. Anything larger would be impractical in my opinion. I alternate between the stock 49 and a 50 depending on the track. I prefer the 50.

You probably won't notice it as "more snap" any more than you notice more snap in second gear than in third. But where you will notice the difference is in those places on your favorite track where you now feel like you're "in between gears", where you feel like one gear is too low, but the next one is too high. It often takes only one tooth to correct this.

I just changed to a 50T on my '06. It makes a difference for me, especially coming out of slower 2nd gear corners.

i really gotta get rid of my 45 tooth.. i land from a big jump and it just has not as much bottom end is id like... lotta top end though.

A 52 tooth would be counterproductive because the rear wheel will break loose all the time unless you have a new tire and very good traction conditions.

after reading this...lol, i think i may have gone up 1 tooth too many. i installed a 51T and the bike pulls better off the bottom, good for our shorter/tighter tracks. but i think on our larger/longer tracks it won't meet my needs. a 50T will be on order.

I put on a 52 tooth rear, and wow the difference it made to the low end.....

My friend races supercross and only uses a 51 on his YZ. 52 is huge.

i really gotta get rid of my 45 tooth.. i land from a big jump and it just has not as much bottom end is id like... lotta top end though.

yikes a 45.....man lowest I like is the stock 49.

Cripes the 07' YZ450 pulls like 92 mph bone stock, and with a 45 tooth rear your bike should pull like 115 ? Why you running a 45T rear??

I have a 51T rear as I do a fair amount of woods riding, and the 51T made 1st gear WAY better in the slow, technical stuff

Cripes the 07' YZ450 pulls like 92 mph bone stock, and with a 45 tooth rear your bike should pull like 115 ? Why you running a 45T rear??

I have a 51T rear as I do a fair amount of woods riding, and the 51T made 1st gear WAY better in the slow, technical stuff

I went to a 52 for the same reason, I couldn't imagine a 45!

I have a 03 YZ450- even though I did not change the rear I did change the front. I was told that for every 1 tooth change in the counter sprocket- it = 3 in the rear. The best thing it was cheaper:ride: