has anyone tried the twobrother pipe on the 08 450

im trying to decide witch pipe to buy for my o8 450

im trying to decide witch pipe to buy for my o8 450

I've got friends that work at Two Brothers and could get any item they make for dirt cheap. I'm not runnung one of there pipes on my 08.I'm not crazy about there stuff. I know others that have there pipes on Yz 250 f and CRF 450 and they seem to like them. For the money and performance and durability, you can't beat a DR D system. I have one on my 06 and its great. I would get the stainless/ aluminum combo for durability. White Brothers is supposed to have a new pipe for the 08 but I don't think its been released yet. I am running a pro circuit Ti-4 on my 08 and i love it, but only because i got a "deal" on it. Whatever pipe you choose will be better than stock.

thanks i was leaning towards the drd

thanks i was leaning towards the drd

You will not be disappointed

I am a huge fan Dr D , however I am a huge fan of Yoshimura as well now!!! The RS-2 aluminum / stainless system did wonders to my 08. My Dr D put a ton of low end on my 426. The yosh is a huge performance to the 08's bottom end power and I love it, but I really love the mid and top. You can over rev a lot more and ride longer in gears with incredible power and pull. I would say you cannot go wrong with a dr d, or a yosh. Or you can wait what could be now, next week, or another month for the white bros 08 specific pipe. yosh, Dr D said they were very happy with their 06/07 product on the 08 and were not developing one, but white bros developed a whole new system.

You can get the new White Brothers pipe in the aluminum pro or carbon pro configuration.The only configuration not available is the ti/ti pro which they say will be out around christmas. The new system, whether ti/ti, ss/aluminum or ti/carbon is a few inches shorter than the previous system. The Dr.D and Yoshimura pipes are excellent. I run a yosh RS-2 Ti Pro on my YZ250f and love it. It does seem to rev out further than the dr.d that I had on my 03 although that may have more to due with the bike.

(the Yoshimura RS2) does seem to rev out further than the dr.d that I had on my 03 although that may have more to due with the bike.
It does. Whereas my '03 with an FMF ti4 falls off pretty hard at around 10,500, my '06's with the DRD system run right off the high end non-stop. I never hit the limiter with the '03, but I bump it on the '06 now and then if I get distracted.