HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikemeyer68

XR 650 No more...

30 posts in this topic

Haven't seen any posts on this... But this will be the last year Honda will make the XR 650. And the last year honda will pit for the 650 in Baja. Anyone heard any word on possible replacement for the 650???

Haven't seen any posts on this... But this will be the last year Honda will make the XR 650. And the last year honda will pit for the 650 in Baja. Anyone heard any word on possible replacement for the 650???

none anounced yet, doesnt look good right now.

Now more than ever, the 650R needs to beat the 450 in Baja.

Kinda like turning your back on an old dog to play with a new puppy, till the old dog comes up and bites you in the ass.

NO, that's not true. Honda WILL pit for 650R's in '08 and beyond. They will just be limiting (possibly eliminating) spare parts for R's in each pit.

Hell, as it stands right now Honda will pit you if you were riding an xr600, or an L for that matter. There just wouldn't be any spare parts for you.

Does this mean the L is dead also? Why would they do that? I just don't get it. This year they make a super lame 230 dual sport, but they'll pull the 650L? Say it aint so.

Yea... All of honda 's race efforts will be directed in the way of the 450 from now on in baja. Looks like the true XR fans will be directing their attention at the KTM 690 or similar bikes.

Just have to keep looking for an old low milege(or new) XR650 every time I want a bike. If Honda was still making em they wouldn't change anything anyways, finding an 03 or whatever will still be like a new 650. :crazy:

Does this mean the L is dead also? Why would they do that? I just don't get it. This year they make a super lame 230 dual sport, but they'll pull the 650L? Say it aint so.

Here in the land Down Under the XR650R and XR650L were discontinued in 2006 so all that is available in the RED Corner is the high maintenance CRF450, i asked a Manager i know from Honda about a replacement seeing the 650 is still available stateside and was told know only the CRF450 and that the 650's are stopping in the States real soon!

Sorry guys.

Aussie

Well that really sucks! What are they going to do next? Replace the 650l model with a street version of the CRF450 time bomb! I can see all japs at the board meeting [ I know Lets make all our bikes CRF450s and some we will put lights on] Screw that! A 4504stroke is like a bic razor to me. I get a new one every two years and I don't get attached to them.I love my XR650R because it is a do it all machine and I don't think that there is a more reliable machine under the sun. How long do you think a street version of the CRF450X would last on the street in comparison to my 650R ... exactly. It is all about the $.People Don't buy a new 650R every 2yrs because they are so damn good. Honda wants to sell you a bic razor.I am pissed Nothing good ever lasts I can go on but whats the point.

arrrggggg

everything good always gets discontinued. Or banned.

I remember when Grey Davis got elected, I had to go buy an AK-47, he banned them a month later.

THen, the state, in it's infinite wisdom, banned the barrett m82a1, and I had to borrow $5500.00 to get one before it became illegal to sell them.

Now I HAVE to have an R.

Just have to keep looking for an old low milege(or new) XR650 every time I want a bike. If Honda was still making em they wouldn't change anything anyways, finding an 03 or whatever will still be like a new 650. :D

I'll sell you my 650 if you are looking for a low mile desert bike. You can check my garage for info on it :applause:

As for me, I'm moving away from the "big" bikes. Going to be buying a KTM 250XC this winter :crazy:

Might buy a Husky 510 at some later date.