650R vs 650L

Just got back from riding with my budds 650R. Hate to say it, but an uncorked(hrc) 650R still beats my 650L. My 650 has a stage 1 cam, xr's only carb tweaks, 10.5 comp piston, air box mods, Big Gun header and evo X silencer, valve job, and a rod kit. All dialed in. 650R still beats me pretty good(1 bike length). The 650L still feels slower than my 600R with lighter mods, but have not raced yet. Looks like it is time to find a PLATED 650R to build!!!!!!!:crazy:

But, the R doesn't have that little button that says "start" on it.:crazy:

That is the whole reason I bought this L!!!!!!! I still like it even though it's slower. My Buddy with the R likes it too seeing he weighs 165. We're gettin a little older!!!!!

It only takes one kick maybe two at the most, if you know how to do it..:crazy:

Agree!

Kickin' a 650R with a healthy leg is cake. Course, I am 6-2 and weigh 250 - maybe that's why it kicks so easy? Truthfully though, you do have to get familiar with the technique. I have heard some say that it's embarrassing to kick a bike in public (hot babe looking at you in grocery store parking lot).

I ask you - what could be more masculine than a man kicking a 650cc, high compression, single???

Agree!

Kickin' a 650R with a healthy leg is cake. Course, I am 6-2 and weigh 250 - maybe that's why it kicks so easy? Truthfully though, you do have to get familiar with the technique. I have heard some say that it's embarrassing to kick a bike in public (hot babe looking at you in grocery store parking lot).

I ask you - what could be more masculine than a man kicking a 650cc, high compression, single???

A hot woman kicking an old Harley with points(saw that):D

I have an xr600r and a cr 500r and think the CR is worse-no decompression.

I am also 6'2" 275 and still like the button option.:crazy:

BTW I kick the XR's like a 125, keep kickin till she starts. Works like a champ

I didn't mind kicking my old XL when it was in tune and running well. But, when I would get a bad tank of gas down in Mexico, or accidentally have the kill switch off :crazy: or when I developed a crack in the intake manifold... then I would have killed for that magic little "go" button.:D

Of course, when I was a bartender at a beach bar in SoCal a long time ago, that kick start was a good sobriety tester for me... if I could start it without falling over - I was good to go!:applause:

I start up my R in my Flip Flops every time after it gets washed...If you know how and it is jetted properly it doesn't take any effort......Fuel on, choke on, ingition off, decomp pulled, kicked 4 times, turn on ingnition, find TDC, kick.

I start up my R in my Flip Flops every time after it gets washed...If you know how and it is jetted properly it doesn't take any effort......Fuel on, choke on, ingition off, decomp pulled, kicked 4 times, turn on ingnition, find TDC, kick.

Sounds like Ya got it. Not the way I do it, but fu^%k it. Kick till on 125 2 stroke.

I'm the comparison with the 650R (Jammin J) and I'll kick start my bike rather then eating dust in the trails. This is why I bought the bike back in 2000. Also, I realize "the button" comes in handy, but I don't use buttons when I'm dusting everyone else! When the time comes I'm eating dust...time to crack open the motor and spend a few paychecks to get back on top of the dusting pole. How do you like those apples Big J :crazy:

I'm the comparison with the 650R (Jammin J) and I'll kick start my bike rather then eating dust in the trails. This is why I bought the bike back in 2000. Also, I realize "the button" comes in handy, but I don't use buttons when I'm dusting everyone else! When the time comes I'm eating dust...time to crack open the motor and spend a few paychecks to get back on top of the dusting pole. How do you like those apples Big J :crazy:

Just wait till I get that new KTM690 super moto, or the replacement for the 650R to add to the stable.......You will be topped even if I have to title the CR500R:thumbsup:

Whereabouts?

Near cortland, myself.

Saw in the other thread, you're street legal?

Dave