Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426 NOOB

Fork Bleeder Valves

16 posts in this topic

Has anybody ever tried moose fork bleeders or motion pro ones? Just curious as to if anyone was happy with them because I have a pair that i might install. Thanks

My son put A set on his bike, worked great for bleeding untill dirt got in there and started to leak, but that was taken care of in A crash and broke one off. We scrambled around between motos to find A way to plug it.

I've used the MP stuff with no problems. If you install them as directed with pst on the threads they won't leak.

There is nicer "lower" ones that work a little better.

I love them, the fork pressure actually gets released often enough. you should be releasing the pressure after removing from the truck, and after every session, with out the bleeders this rarely happens.

Remember to have the front wheel off the ground when bleeding.

I have the MotionPro's on my XR. Mine squirt oil when releasing the air pressure. It's kind of sloppy and a disappointing design.

I've used the MP stuff with no problems. If you install them as directed with pst on the threads they won't leak.

There is nicer "lower" ones that work a little better.

I love them, the fork pressure actually gets released often enough. you should be releasing the pressure after removing from the truck, and after every session, with out the bleeders this rarely happens.

Remember to have the front wheel off the ground when bleeding.

This will sound stupid but is psc like silicone or something?

This will sound stupid but is psc like silicone or something?
No. It's pipe sealing compound. The most common thread sealers are a Teflon paste or tape. Blue Loc-Tite is also an excellent thread sealant. Silicon RTV sealers are nearly useless for at least 50% of what they get used for.

so if the bleeders did start to leak, how would the forks start to behave, just so I know.

I have the Moose ones and they work fine..no leaking. Certainly seems to help the life of my fork seals.

so if the bleeders did start to leak, how would the forks start to behave, just so I know.
The tops of your forks will get oily.

I have a set I bought off Ebay made by Anderson Automatics racing- nice low profile with a blue anodized button (can get other colors as well). I'm happy with them so far. I have one that leaks a bit, but if it continues to do so they said they'd replace it free of charge.

I have a set of motion pro ones and they work great..no problems or leaks. I have also had the moose ones and they seemed to work fine also.

I second the vote for the Anderson Automatics, they are very low profile and I haven't had any leaks so far.