HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maxtherat

Paint or powder coat???

6 posts in this topic

I have an 01 wr426 and it is time to grease rear linkage. Swing arm is looking a bit beat up so I was thinking about repainting. What have you guys done to refinish and has been pretty durable? Will a 03+ swing arm (grained alum. finish) fit on a 01? Thanks for any input.

Powder coat is very durable but its also very hard to repair scratches. For the street I might consider powder coat but for dirt you better go with the paint. If you scratch it its easy to fix. Sand it down, paint it, throw some new decals on it and its good as new.

How about "Shot Peened" then clear anodize that would look cool and be very low maintance

Do you know where I can see some examples of that? Any thoughts about newer model swing arm?

Powder coat is very durable but its also very hard to repair scratches. For the street I might consider powder coat but for dirt you better go with the paint. If you scratch it its easy to fix. Sand it down, paint it, throw some new decals on it and its good as new.

the frames come from the factory powder painted.