HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suikerland

There's a pig in the desert

16 posts in this topic

Posted a video of another ride... this time I was with my buddy who has about 10 years more experience than me, he rides a KTM 950 SE as if it's a 450.

Took me into some very technical dunes, I was a bit out of my depth - dropped my XR650 a few times, came home minus a mirror and minus 2 front indicators. Learning experience...

Previous video (i think better quality) is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptx0oUGbm

That time was with a KTM 640, the KTM 950 and another 525. A lot of orange...

Awesome vid and music. Really felt like I was riding along !!

Made me feel real good as it is dark and cold in Northern Ontario, Canada. :crazy:

Cheers fellow XR rider!!

BTW-

What CD is that from?

the group is called faithless. i think its their 2nd album look in the dancemusic section in any record store you'll find it.

BTW-

What CD is that from?

don't know the CD but the song is called One Step Too Far which kind of described the ride...

Man, what a great vid. I actually am thinking about bailing out of work and going riding! I wish, but too much to do.

That looked like some sweet riding, with lots of soft sand. Great workout I am sure.

Can't remember the last time I passed some camels during a ride! Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

awesome ride video!! :crazy:

and i was wondering, does it hurt crashing on the dunes??

Not so far - I've dropped the bike many times (I've lost count) on the dunes, no pain or injuries - most times it's pretty slow speed. It's just embarrassing and irritating. My fastest get-off in the dunes was enough to bend the handlebars and I was fine.

I think it depends a lot on speed, I'm pretty slow on dunes. On the faster gravel stuff, it would probably hurt!

Man, what a great vid. I actually am thinking about bailing out of work and going riding! I wish, but too much to do.

That looked like some sweet riding, with lots of soft sand. Great workout I am sure.

Can't remember the last time I passed some camels during a ride! Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks - yep, it's a workout.

I've only ever ridden in soft sand so I can't compare to rocks and stuff, but to me a hour ride feels like 12 rounds in a boxing ring. I never thought I'd start lifting weights to be able to ride better, but that's what I'm doing :crazy:

That is a huge tank! I thought my 4.6 gallon was heavy. I can imagine that if you fill it up, then the front won't like to stay on top of the sand.

Cool video, thanks for sharing!

Here is a quick clip out here in California. Check out the distance this thing travels in the air.