grey wire mod

Here is the info from the sticky.

Q: Why cut/disconnect the grey wire?

A: The grey wire mod goes hand in hand with the throttle stop mod. As you are now able to use the entire range of the throttle with a shorter stop, the ignition map must be changed to accommodate the increase in fuel delivery. Removing the grey wire connection does this.

Q: Okay, so where is the Grey Wire?

A: On the '06 and older, steel framed WR's, it's on the right side of the frame under the tank in a 6-pin connector. On the '07-up, it's under the left side panel in the 6-pin connector. The best way to do it is to push the wire out of the connector using a small slotted screwdriver and then tape off the ends. That way you can always put it back together if you want, though I don't know why you'd want to.

So now I have a question. Rather than just cutting the wire what if you made it a switched circuit, then you could have a "traction" ignition map also? Would the bike still run ok on this map if you had the throttle stop out?

• 1 year later...

There are two 6 pin connectors behind the panel. It looked like there was only one grey wire between the two sets of connectors. There was no way that little pin was getting pushed out of there so I'm thinking about installing the switch.

Any suggestions on switch type/part number?

What airbox mods can be done and stay 50 state legal? 49 state legal?

Anyone have feedback on the GYTR pipe?Anyone have feedback on the GYTR insert vs the pipe?

Thanks

CD

There are two 6 pin connectors behind the panel. It looked like there was only one grey wire between the two sets of connectors. There was no way that little pin was getting pushed out of there so I'm thinking about installing the switch.

Any suggestions on switch type/part number?

What airbox mods can be done and stay 50 state legal? 49 state legal?

Anyone have feedback on the GYTR pipe?Anyone have feedback on the GYTR insert vs the pipe?

Thanks

CD

there is a little barb,when you look into the male side of the connectors you need to bend down before the connector slides out the back.incase you wanted to feel the power!