HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beezer

08 WR450 License Plate Mount?

13 posts in this topic

I have the one from motardrider also it fits great and looks the best out of all the ones I've seen.

check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=230147598085

I bought one from this guy, i think it was around 40 bux. Fits and looks awesome.

No offense to IslandBoy, but stay away from it!

I bought one, and I agree, it fits well and looks good...

HOWEVER, it will get ripped right off after you bottom the rear suspension a few times. It is poorly designed.

I guess I will have to make my own but under protest as I'm fat and lazy.

The ebay bracket looks over built though.

Get the one from Ebay, you will be pleased. I bottomed out and nothing happened to mine. I simply adjusted my sag and haven't experienced a problem since.

I just bought a UFO rear fender with a complete running/brake/plate light and a license plate holder all in one for $48 from a local bike accessory shop (cycle gear).

I guess I will have to make my own but under protest as I'm fat and lazy.

The ebay bracket looks over built though.

Run a search on WR license plate brackets. I have an 07 and made one easily for $8 that is as good today as it was 8 months ago when it was new. I posted several threads about it. There are pics also. PM me if you have any specific questions. Don't go with aluminum - It will bend and eventually break.

Greg

I had an aluminum bracket from a dualsport kit and it broke as they all do. Then i cut another piece of heavier material and used it and it broke also. Then i cut the same piece again, but where you make the bend down away from the fender, i cut it off an inch after the bend. Then picked up a piece of UHMW 3/16" thick and cut it to match the outside of the liscence plate and drilled two mounting holes.to reduce any extra weight on the fender, i cut the center out of the UHMW so only a 1" border was left. You will have to replace your liscence plate before you have to replace another broken mount. Unless you rip the whole fender off in a tank slapper. I have gone backwards into many a tree and my mount is still kick'n.

Cheers!