new to XR650R

Hello!!

Finally I got my hands on a XR650R (used but fully stock), i've sold my DR650 (which is a great bike btw).

I've writing from Europe (Portugal), and I've got a couple of doubts about the BRP.

First of all, I've heard that the BRP in Europe is OEM uncorked is that correct? Whats the easiest way to check this?

Second, assuming that the bike in uncorked, whats the first mod I should make?

Cheers :crazy:

First thing, change your Avatar.........and check this link......http://www.xr650r.us/xr650r_faq/

Let him use your old Avatar! LOL :crazy:

Thanks for the info!!

Dr65O is a great bike..........

.... but XR650 is better :crazy:

First thing, change your Avatar.........and check this link......http://www.xr650r.us/xr650r_faq/

5150, do those underwear bunch up when you ride that 650?:crazy:

5150, do those underwear bunch up when you ride that 650?:crazy:

That's funny:naughty: , no they are removed before she goes for a ride...............

That's funny:naughty: , no they are removed before she goes for a ride...............

That's even funnier.:crazy:

Nice monkey butt dude

Hello!!

Finally I got my hands on a XR650R (used but fully stock), i've sold my DR650 (which is a great bike btw).

I've writing from Europe (Portugal), and I've got a couple of doubts about the BRP.

First of all, I've heard that the BRP in Europe is OEM uncorked is that correct? Whats the easiest way to check this?

Second, assuming that the bike in uncorked, whats the first mod I should make?

Cheers :crazy:

As far as I know, the only "corked" 650R is the US model. The European, Australian and General Export (middle east / africa) are all uncorked.

I found that getting rid of the stock handlebars made the bike feel 200% better. (I got Pro-Taper Windham instead).

If you're planning on riding a lot of dirt, the first mods I would get would be a Scotts damper. Expensive but good.

A bigger tank is useful - the stock range can be very limiting.

Wider seat - a nice improvement.

A lot of people say the suspension is the best thing to upgrade. I haven't done mine yet, but apparently it makes a huge difference to handling.

The Australian models come corked, I would guess the Euro ones, too

Best way to test if the bike is corked is to find a flat open stretch of land, and pin the throttle.

If it leaves you hyperventilating and saying holy s@#t !!!!, then it's uncorked.

hello,

My bike is uncorked!!

Thanks for all the info, I'll post some pictures soon.