Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
917 rider

my switch to a 08 yz 450

10 posts in this topic

i am have been riding a 07 Kawasaki 450 for the last year and wanted a new bike i wanted to try the Yamaha cause i have been found of the brand. My first 4 stroke was a Honda 450 and i had to do the valves all the time:mad: after reading all the reviews i was worried how slow the Yamaha was going to be :crazy: but i bought one anyways i am bigger guy 240 and all i can say is must of you don't know what you are talking about the bike is killer best bike i ever had ill never buy anything else the bike demands to be rode fast and that is what motocross is all about if you want to cruise around then it does feel slow but what does not:confused: the faster you go the better the bike. My Kawasaki felt lazy while the Yamaha is active so anybody still debating on which 08 to buy find one that suits you; but this bike rocks:ride:

i am have been riding a 07 Kawasaki 450 for the last year and wanted a new bike i wanted to try the Yamaha cause i have been found of the brand. My first 4 stroke was a Honda 450 and i had to do the valves all the time:mad: after reading all the reviews i was worried how slow the Yamaha was going to be :crazy: but i bought one anyways i am bigger guy 240 and all i can say is must of you don't know what you are talking about the bike is killer best bike i ever had ill never buy anything else the bike demands to be rode fast and that is what motocross is all about if you want to cruise around then it does feel slow but what does not:confused: the faster you go the better the bike. My Kawasaki felt lazy while the Yamaha is active so anybody still debating on which 08 to buy find one that suits you; but this bike rocks:ride:

Let this be a lesson for anyone thinking about attending school in the south!!! :D Just kidding bud, I love my 08 and I am glad you do as well. Put after market exhaust on the bike and you will be even more in love!

I was in heaven when I first got mine. Bike is the best bike out on the track. I just bought the new white brothers 08 exhaust. They just got done testing the new 08. Shorter can.....changed the header pipe. ITs gonna be sweet.

Good choice, after reading the reviews it kinda had me worried. I am glad to get actual feedback from real riders.

08 YZF 450

i have a big heavy slow motorcycle that the Yamaha dealer told me was a 08 YZF 450, i hate it , call me 508-786-0888 if you have 6000 you can see how bad it really is

This was on another board and thought it was one of the funniest ads I have ever seen. And yes, the guy is for real

I was in heaven when I first got mine. Bike is the best bike out on the track. I just bought the new white brothers 08 exhaust. They just got done testing the new 08. Shorter can.....changed the header pipe. ITs gonna be sweet.

Yeah those bastards at white bros kept telling me the pipe was ready for shipping, last week I was told it would be anothe month so I cancelled and got the yoshimura. I did want the white bros but got tired of waiting, the yosh has worked out well though.

LEt me know how that is

Deff let us know how the new whit bros pipe is, also let us know if they EVER RELEASED THE DARN THING!!!

I just bought one as well.:crazy: Coming off of 2t my whole life, it is going to take a bit of getting used to, but the hour or so I rode it yesterday it was magical. I ordered the fmf Q for it, because i have to have a sa that meets 96 db, for the series I race in. :D:applause:

not to good on the computer.I just kept reading all those bad reports so i had to join up i have rode all the new bikes and i like the Yamaha the best