Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
absynth01

04 Xr650l

4 posts in this topic

Just got this bike a few weeks ago and have been looking at making it more off-road. Skid pans, frame guards, front fork/rotor guards to start. Only problem seems that XRL aftermarket stuff like this is hard to come by. I also have a done up 89 XR600R. Looking at these bikes they look somewhat interchangeable other than the 89's rear drum brakes. Anyone know if the newer 600R parts fit this XRL?? My clutch plates list the same as well as some other aftermarket parts but not the ones above. Any ideas if the frames of these two bikes are the same?????

Just got this bike a few weeks ago and have been looking at making it more off-road. Skid pans, frame guards, front fork/rotor guards to start. Only problem seems that XRL aftermarket stuff like this is hard to come by. I also have a done up 89 XR600R. Looking at these bikes they look somewhat interchangeable other than the 89's rear drum brakes. Anyone know if the newer 600R parts fit this XRL?? My clutch plates list the same as well as some other aftermarket parts but not the ones above. Any ideas if the frames of these two bikes are the same?????

frames are the same. many parts do interchange, exhaust , brakes, etc.

thanks martinfan

Any idea about the rims off a 87' CR500R? Looks like they fit my 600R. Have had conflicting info. I have read te 91-2000 XR600R's Got the CR brakes and forks

not sure but i do know when guys convert to upside down crf/cr forks they have to use the cr/crf wheel , the xrl wheel wont fit the USD's.