HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
01_426f

01 yz426f

9 posts in this topic

i mightve cracked my radiator mount on the left side during a crash. its not leaking, it still works, but where the shroud should attach the radiator is about 1 inch too far towards the back of the bike. can the mounts be rewelded of where can i buy a new radiator at?

You should be able to tig weld that. it jut may not be as strong. I would suggest getting some radiator supports. I dont currently have them but im going to get some soon. works connection makes them for like 40 bucks.

after taking my shroud off i realized that the radiator is done. it sort of ripped along by the frame side and the whole radiator is twisted. im definitely gonna buy a new oem radiator and some works connection braces. thanks for the advice

If the works connection braces are the same ones I had, you won't be happy. Hell, I'll send you mine if you pay shipping.

Check with Mylers first. I sent them some screwed up radiators before and they come back looking great.

Look at the "our work" link at Myler's web site, and if you think yours is worse than those, fine. I sent them one that was twisted, dented, and torn free of the frames, and it came back fine in three days for $70.

But hey, if you really want a new one....:crazy:

If the works connection braces are the same ones I had, you won't be happy. Hell, I'll send you mine if you pay shipping.

Check with Mylers first. I sent them some screwed up radiators before and they come back looking great.

what kind of guards do you recomend then to avoid this type of thing happening again?

what kind of guards do you recomend then to avoid this type of thing happening again?

I've had good luck with the DeVols on my WR, though others have not been happy with them. i fall a lot, but don't fall that fast...